Associate / Consultant, Global Compliance & Reporting - Global Operations (APTC)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) services help companies achieve their strategic objectives for outsourcing their compliance and reporting functions at a local, regional and global level. The Global Services forms part of the GCR which is tasked with the sales, implementation, governance and delivery of multi-country compliance service.
As part of our regional Global Operations team across Asia Pacific you will be working with colleagues in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong and teaming with our off-shore team Global Delivery Services (GDS). As a Consultant in GCR – Global Operations, you will assist with the implementation and governance of large multi-country compliance and reporting projects across the Asia Pacific region.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation and governance of large multi-country compliance and reporting projects across the EY Asia-Pacific region
- Assist in the preparation of a response to client Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements by supporting in the scoping and pricing process
- Support the engagement contracting process and implementation of technology to monitor the progress of EY deliverables
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of compliance services by EY teams in the region.
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen relationships both internally within the EY network and externally with clients to help ensure that the services EY teams provide to the clients are timely and of the highest standards
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of client engagements which includes monitoring the progress of EY deliverables with use of our web-based compliance tracking tool, putting in place standardized leading practices and processes, anticipating and identify risks and issues in the service delivery, escalating issues as appropriate as well as drive performance-improvement solutions.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in accounting, banking, commerce, economics, finance, or other business-related fields
- CPA or other relevant certification (obtained or in process)
- 2-3 years related work experience in global or international tax compliance or equivalent experience in business or industry preferred
- Effective time management and prioritization skills to work on multiple projects and engagements concurrently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - ability to interact across borders with a wide network of people
- Analytical and detail oriented to work with large amounts of data
- Proactive and a good team player
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in a professional services firm
- Prior knowledge of tax compliance and/or financial reporting
- Accreditation by SCTP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.