We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
At Kingfisher, we have an opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to join us as a Group Accountant! Reporting into our Group Accounting Manager you will assist in the preparation of the financial element of external quarterly, half-year and year-end results announcements and internal Group management reporting information. Working across our retail banners (B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama etc) you will consolidate and review actual, budget and forecast submissions and contribute to projects around financial reporting, internal controls and operational improvements.
- Produce external financial reporting information including quarterly sales and profit figures, half-year interim, year-end preliminary and year-end annual report financial documents under IFRS
- Consolidation of actual, forecast and budget data submissions
- Ownership of key financial reporting areas (e.g. pensions, stock, cashflow reporting, etc)
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for inclusion in monthly management accounts packs and Board reports for Senior Management
- Work with Systems Accountants to maintain and develop the Group Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) consolidation system and reports
- Maintain excellent working relationships with our retail banners and other head office functions, and ensure awareness of technical and business issues facing these stakeholders
- Key point of contact for external auditors to ensure any issues are resolved on a timely basis and year-end reporting deadlines are achieved
- Contribute to projects around financial reporting, internal controls and process improvements
- Qualified accountant- ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Reporting and consolidation experience - preferably multi-currency
- Strong IFRS technical accounting
- A team player who is curious and has the ability to learn and develop
- HFM experience would be an advantage
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!