Financial Control Accountant
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of 78,000 passionate people, call 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Financial Control Accountant to join our Global Functions Financial Control team in Southampton with a mixture of office and home working. The role is responsible for leading financial control activities for our Group Technology function, including audit relationships (both internal & external), operation of the financial control framework and reporting to Group, balance sheet reviews and all other financial control matters relating to Group Technology.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure internal and external reporting requirements are met and ongoing management of audit relationship
- Coordinate operation of an effective financial control framework to ensure minimum standards are embedded in operations for financial control matters
- Ensure group policies and effectively implemented
- Liaise with group finance and business performance teams about risks and accounting judgements and provisions
- Regular balance sheet reviews and quarterly reporting on compliance with Group Minimum Financial Controls requirements.
- Oversee effective execution of transfer pricing policies working with Group Tax and ensuring inter-company accounting is efficiently handled
- Handle delegation of authority and compliance
- Reporting to statutory and functional Boards on relevant finance matters
- Support financial control activities of other Global Functions entities on an ad-hoc basis
What experience you’ll have:
- Qualified accountant – ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Good understanding of financial accounting standards and experience in technical accounting roles/audit
- Experience in preparing statutory accounts for a large, multi-national organisation
- Analytical skills within the context of financial/procedural controls
- SAP & HFM experience beneficial
- Support change by finding improvement opportunities and bringing fresh ideas
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!