Lead Executive/Assistant Manager
As Singapore's first polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic (SP) prides ourselves in providing the best learning experience for our students in pre-employment and continuing adult education. The mission of SP is as a polytechnic for all ages, we prepare our learners to be life ready, work ready, and world ready for the transformation of Singapore. Our vision is to be a caring community of inspired learners committed to serving with mastery.
Lead Executive/Assistant Manager - Department of Internal Audit
Reporting to the Director of Department of Internal Audit (IA), the appointee is expected to play an important role in Team IA and have a deep involvement in the following, among other things.
- Assist in the development and formulation of the rolling and annual Audit Plans
- Help monitor the progress of the approved Audit Plans
- Assist in coordinating, preparing for, liaising and conducting audit-related meetings with Senior Management, Audit Committee, External Auditor, co-sourced IT auditors, Schools/Departments and other stakeholders. This includes, among others:
- Preparing working papers and audit reports
- Presenting the outcomes of the audits to the relevant abovementioned stakeholders
- Preparing the minutes of meetings
- Plan, execute assigned risk-based audits, issue audit reports and conduct exit meetings
- Follow up on the accepted recommendations to the audit findings
- Provide advisory services on emerging risks, in new areas etc
- Represent the Department in meetings and other events
- Perform ad-hoc and special projects as assigned
- At least 5 to 6 years’ of relevant work experience in internal auditing or in a public accounting firm
- Experience in IT audits viz knowledge of Pen Tests etc would be an added advantage
- Possess strong project management skills
- Analytical, good solutioning skills and able to work independently and multitask
- Possess good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Relevant professional accountancy/business qualifications or equivalent.
Successful candidate will be offered a 2-year contract in the first instance.
Closing Date: 12 December 2021
If you are shortlisted for the position(s), you should hear from us within 30 days of the closing date of the advertisement.