UKI- FAAS- A&T- Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join EY’s market leading Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team in the UK with a focus on technical accounting and reporting related services. We assist some of the largest global companies navigate the ever-changing accounting and reporting landscape to help them make informed, practical and sustainable decisions. Our range of services includes assisting clients with GAAP conversion, advising on financial accounting excellence matters and accounting for transactions including IPOs, and implementing improvements to internal controls, for example under US SOX and UK corporate reform.
You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities:
- Leading the day to day delivery on client engagement projects to maintain quality and our promise for exceptional service delivery to all our clients;
- Client management and liaison with senior client stakeholders with a view to build strong working relationships with our clients.
- Managing performance of junior team members through on the job coaching, mentoring and providing constructive and timely performance feedback;
- Liaison with other EY teams and Service lines, is necessary, to ensure seamless solution to our clients;
- Keeping engagement leaders updated on progress on the engagement and bringing to their attention any issues in a timely manner with proposed solutions;
- Leading consultations and research in line with agreed engagement execution plans to support deliverables to our clients;
- Preparation of high-quality client deliverables including (but not limited to) technical accounting analysis papers, GAAP compliant financial statements, project reports, special purpose financial information, accounting policies documentation and the implementation of improvements to our clients’ internal control environments;
- Presentation of the results of our work to senior team members or clients in a clear and concise manner;
- Development of our talent pool through our internal people initiative like training, counselling, mentoring, role modelling and promoting general wellbeing of our people.
Skills and attributes for success:
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for innovation and creating better ways of working with our clients and have a very strong attention to detail to join our growing team.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Accountancy qualified (ACCA / ACA / CPA / CA or Equivalent).
- A minimum of 4 years post qualified experience.
- Good understanding of IFRS including experience of IFRS conversions.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Proven ability to work on complex accounting issues and ability to clearly articulate the advice in written technical accounting papers.
- Proven experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on engagements.
- Previous experience at Manager level is preferred.
- Internal controls experience or ideally SEC reporting including SOX
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about your career with us and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.