Regulatory Finance – Capital Reporting Market Risk Specialist/ Senior Specialist
Job DescriptionThe Function of Finance Controller:
Part of the wider EMEA Finance Function, the Finance Controller supports external reporting and control for the EMEA Suite of entities. The department comprises Legal Entity Control, Regulatory Finance, Finance Projects, and Policy.AG Regulatory Finance
AG Regulatory Finance is a high-profile function, providing financial information to the European Central Bank (“ECB”), European Banking Authority (“EBA”) and the Bundesbank and the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin).
The function is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing, and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality, and controls. It is supported by change and policy functions for the developing demands of the regulators and business.Business Landscape
The Regulatory Finance function is changing rapidly to accommodate both internal and external drivers of change: for example, through greater business engagement, legal entity strategy, regulatory change, and implementation of modelled approaches to capital.
- The Role
- Reporting Market Risk Specialist / Senior Specialist
The position is within the Capital Reporting Market Risk production team for JPM AG. The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for production of Market Risk calculations supporting the suit of Market Risk deliverables for Internal and External Capital Reporting on Quarterly, Monthly and Weekly basis.
- SME on regulatory capital calculations of market risk.
- Analysis and challenge on regulatory capital drivers and key variances.
- Maintain the control standards adhering to firm wide and local controls around User Tools, adjustments and tracking of data/architecture issues
- Understand the reporting model infrastructure and implement streamlined process solutions towards a more efficient reporting model.
- Partnering with project and change teams in implementation of any system enhancements for regulatory changes and control improvements.
- Responsible for investigations, ad-hoc analysis and queries given by the senior management, regulator, or internal and external audit.
Skills and experience Required:
- Good practical knowledge of Capital Rules and systemic implementation
- Critical eye and demonstration of improving processes and controls
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers / strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Proactive and self-starting individual with high levels of ownership
- Accounting Qualification within Financial Services industry (either Bank or Practice)
- Familiarity with reporting requirements (CRDV, CRR2, FRTB, IFRS, USGAAP, FinRep)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of banking products (Repurchase agreements, securities, derivatives, deposits, loans, credit facilities)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.