Consulting - MERC, Business Unit Operations Finance - Senior Associate (Beirut)
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career within Operations, will provide the opportunity to support our engagement teams and clients operationally by providing advice on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues. In joining, you’ll help ensure a complete and relevant exchange of information among our consultants and in turn with engagement teams and clients, provide experts advice on a variety of specific topics, support engagement teams in resolving complex issues, and supporting clients and their subsidiaries in evaluating the potential impact of accounting and reporting standard setting initiatives. You’ll develop strong relationships with our engagement teams and enhance our ability to meet greater investor expectations with the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment.
As a part of our team, you’ll help assist engagement teams in the areas of resource management, learning and development, human capital, reporting, technology and innovation, and quality and compliance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
The Business Unit Finance Associate works as an integral part of both the Finance and BU teams. The role involves daily operations & processes related to the financial aspects of our engagements and business
- Carry out financial administrative processes such as invoicing, job code creation, report creation and analysis.
- Offer support for practice financials and account management in liaison with the BU’s Partners, Directors and Business Unit Coordinator. Candidate must be comfortable working with numerous internal support departments on projects relating to our people, marketing & knowledge management.
- Report predominantly to the Business Unit Coordinator.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, with a range of key stakeholders.
Your local Finance Manager will provide guidance regarding compliance with relevant territory policies and procedures.
Actively share knowledge within own team and across BUs, and promote best practises in respect of the firm's business systems and processes. Provide training, coaching and support to other team members as needed.
Work closely with teams across the business to ensure best practice.
Provide a service directly to the BU, particularly in relation to adhering to internal and external compliance tasks and reporting any exceptions as necessary
Work closely with peers and team members at all levels, sharing knowledge and providing support where needed.
Understand the importance of, and processes behind, all compliance related tasks and execute accordingly, with high levels of attention to detail.
Enter own time and expenses in accordance with firm's policy
Essential skills and attributes
- Has the competence to perform the role effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as basic presentation skills
- Affinity to work with quantitative data, good analytics
- Knowledge of Power BI and/or Alteryx
- Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment. Must be able to multi-task and effectively and continually prioritise
- Service-orientated attitude, proactive thinker, networker, information seeker, team player
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software eg Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Willingness and interest to frequently interact with and reach out to Partners, Directors and the team
- Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zones
- 5 years experience
- Background in finance, accounting or business studies fields preferred
- Experience in consulting preferred
- Understanding of the Firm’s marketing and business development and the Firm’s Service Offerings
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
January 1, 2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.