GCM - Equity Solutions - Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Capital Markets (GCM) responds with market judgment and ingenuity to meet clients' needs for capital. Whether executing an IPO, a debt offering or a leveraged buyout, GCM integrates Morgan Stanley's expertise in Sales & Trading and in Investment Banking, offering clients seamless advice and sophisticated solutions. We originate, structure and execute public and private placement of equities, investment-grade and non-investment-grade debt and related products.
We are currently hiring for an Analyst to work in the Equity Solutions team within Global Capital Markets (GCM) in London.
GCM serves as the nexus between Investment Banking and Sales & Trading. GCM comprises traditional market coverage and underwriting groups, as well as a number of product groups focused on providing customized capital structure solutions for our clients. You will work with clients on complex, innovative financing and risk management solutions in a fast-paced environment.
The Equity Solutions team originates, structures and executes corporate derivatives transactions (collar, margin loan, structured share repurchase) and equity-linked instruments (convertible bond, mandatory, hybrid). The team integrates Morgan Stanley’s expertise in Investment Banking and in Equities Sales, Research & Trading, offering clients seamless advice and sophisticated solutions. The group provides fresh ideas and broad distribution to help clients get the most from each stage of a transaction, and continually develops new capital market solutions to meet client’s objective.
Working with the Equity Solutions team your primary responsibility would be to work with and support the team developing derivatives and funding solutions for European clients as well as helping corporate clients issuing convertible bonds.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting in structuring and executing risk management and equity-linked solutions
- Financial modeling -- you will be responsible for modeling debt, equity-linked and derivative transactions
- Client coverage responsibilities over time on structuring topics
- Day-to-day project management role in transaction processes, liaising with clients, lawyers and other parties
- Preparation of market updates and discussion materials for clients
- Liaising with various teams (investment banking, trading, equity sales and research) to deliver capital markets advice to our corporate clients
- Top class undergraduate degree from a leading university
- Fluency in English – a second European language would be beneficial
- Strong quantitative / analytical and modeling skills
- Project experience executing financing transactions would be beneficial
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyze cash flows
- A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
- Proactive; self motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.