Financial Controller required for extremely worthwhile NFP organisation
Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA Accountant required
Due to a restructure a new position has been created for a Financial Controller to join an extremely worthwhile Not for profit Surrey based organisation.
The Financial Controller will oversee the financial accounting function for the organisation, including a shared service centre and 43 branches. Managing a small team based in Surrey, the role is hands-on with occasional travel required throughout England and Wales. This is a newly dedicated role following a series of organisational changes. Reporting to the Finance Director, the role will focus on key functions such as governance and control, treasury management, group consolidations, and departmental and branch financial accounting activities. The role will support a range of internal stakeholders along with external stakeholders.
Oversee the centralised transaction processing and integrity of purchase and expense transactions, including payroll for 150 employees
- Provide the primary financial interface for each Department and Branch, ensuring all business units are fully supported
- Ensure systems are in place to continually monitor, analyse and report the performance of all business units
- Develop and implement financial and commercial processes and systems that are consistent, robust, auditable and secure
- Lead the Treasury function by ensuring thorough rigor and oversight such as completing periodical bank reconciliations, producing regular Treasury reports and ensuring all bank mandates are maintained
- Lead preparation and delivery of the annual and interim statutory audits, including full interaction with external audit teams
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements such as VAT returns, Employer and Pensions processing and reporting
Assist the Council, Board and Executive in the development of long-term strategies and objectives by performing an active role in strategic planning and decision making
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve financial efficiencies through partnering with internal stakeholders such as the Procurement Manager and Branch Treasurers
- Support the Treasury and Finance Departments when assessing business cases and capex submissions
- Manage and develop a small team, ensuring they fully support the financial accounting function and deliver maximum value
ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified accountant with relevant post qualification experience is required
- Strong leadership skills with gravitas that can be accepted by senior leaders
- Business partnering mind-set, with a proven ability of working collaboratively with key stakeholders is critical
- Advanced excel skills is required, whilst experience with Navision is necessary
- Capable of leading and managing a small team is important.
25 days holiday
A chance to work for a particularly rewarding organsiation