Analyst SOX, Global Financial Control
Analyst, Global Financial Controls (GFC)
Northern Trust is looking for an Analyst to join our Global Financial Controls (GFC) team. Under general direction from a Global Financial Controls Manager, this individual performs testing for Northern Trust’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and System & Organizational Controls (SOC) Programs.
- Perform SOX/SOC internal controls testing, including all testing phases/processes related to Northern Trust’s programs: planning, walkthroughs, controls testing, status meetings/updates, and findings/potential control deficiencies.
- Perform and execute internal controls testing, including documentation for completeness and accuracy, test of design, and test of operating effectiveness.
- Document SOX/SOC controls and related testing attributes, in alignment with test objectives and the department’s standards.
- Deliver SOX/SOC controls work paper documentation, in accordance with deadlines.
- Perform reviews of business units by understanding the key risks and controls within the function being reviewed.
- Communicate testing evidence and requests with control owners.
- Communicate SOX/SOC testing results with Managers.
- Identify SOX/SOC training needs and participate in company/team training
- Ability to lead one or more projects
- Perform any other duties as may be directed by GFC management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast paced and a dynamic work environment as part of a Global Financial Control team working across multiple time zones and jurisdictions
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Sarbanes-Oxley act (SOX 404)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience in financial services preferred
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor a plus
- 3-5 years. Work experience to include SOX, internal auditing, risk management, compliance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.