Global Business Services Manager - Bristol
We’ll broaden your horizons
Are you looking to further your career as a Manager in an ambitious accounting practice? We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in a growing Global Business Services outsourcing team whose strengths align to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
BDO’s Global Business Services team specialises in providing packaged accounting and compliance solutions to international groups. Our clients are often US owned technology and life science businesses or are UK based groups operating in the financial services industry. We have a number of well-known names in our client base.
We now require an experienced Manager to join our team to lead delivery of technically accurate and high quality services to our growing client base. Services provided to our clients across multiple countries include: accounts payable, payroll, treasury, management reporting and coordination of tax and other compliance. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team with proven career opportunities and clear career path.
We’ll help you succeed
The Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage an accounting team delivering high quality services to our clients efficiently and effectively. The Manager will be a point of escalation both internally and for the client and will confidently deal with difficult situations. The will work alongside our Project Managers to deliver exceptional client service.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious team with opportunities for involvement in business development and this individual should actively seek opportunities to grow the business.
What does the role entail?
- Manage client assignments to ensure high quality technical output and exceptional client service is provided, reviewing work and supporting junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Assist in managing the overall team on a day to day basis consulting with HR as appropriate.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate colleagues to ensure Global Business Services continues to be a high performing team.
- Identify development needs and opportunities within the team and consult with the Learning and Development team to ensure programmes are sufficient for purpose.
- Lead the technical transition of new projects working alongside a Project Manager.
- Act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Director and Partner. This includes responding quickly to and anticipating client requests and keeping clients up to date with delivery of technical output.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to.
- Build good relationships with colleagues across the BDO International network.
- Capture and respond to client feedback and ensure it is communicated to the rest of the team.
- Share performance improvement ideas across the wider Business Services and Outsourcing team
- Have a strong understanding of our strategic objectives and cascade this within the team.
- Be proactive in driving forward business development opportunities with new and existing clients.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) with 2+ years PQE experience
- Experience in coaching or mentoring staff
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
- Knowledge of accounting software supporting international operations such as Oracle, SAP Business One, AccountsIQ, NetSuite, etc.
- Foreign languages useful but not essential
We’re in it together
At BDO,we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited.We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance.As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications,we also provide the following benefits,as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform,Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enroll in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible.Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals.Together,they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine.Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people.That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.