Financial Reporting Specialist, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Based in the Kilkenny office with the opportunity for a suitable flexible working arrangement, you will be part of the management team in the Financial Reporting Department for State Street Ireland, the largest fund administrator in Ireland. You will be responsible for the management of financial statement preparation process, oversight of the annual audit process and will be the key point of contact for relevant client and related auditor
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting Specialist, Senior Associate you will
- Manage the financial reporting process for your clients from planning, financial statement preparation and review, audit management & oversight, financial statement comment review and processing, board approval and filing.
- Manage the preparation of the audited annual and interim financial statements with the outsourced service provider in accordance with standard operating procedure, relevant working guides, in compliance with relevant accounting standards and the relevant regulatory disclosure requirements.
- Review of the financial statement to ensure a quality financial statement product is produced.
- Liaise with any outsourced financial reporting teams to manage and ensure any deliverables for your assigned funds are completed to the expected standard and per timetable.
- Train, coach and evaluate junior staff in the department and the outsourced service provider as required.
- Attend and chair meetings of the financial reporting department and attend other committee meetings on behalf of the department.
- Maintain and develop relationships with your clients, external auditors, printers, outsourced service provider and other departments within State Street.
- Delegate tasks to staff as part of staff development as appropriate.
- Manage your own continued professional development, through engaging in the performance review process and attending relevant training as per agreed training curriculum.
- Deputise for your manager as required from time to time.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time.
What we Value
- Good initiative
- Multi-tasking ability
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
- Strong inter-personal skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Possess a degree in business / economics, accounting or related discipline, having a number of years’ experience working in a similar environment or related environment. The role would also suit someone who is a qualified or part-qualified professional accountant or with an interest in qualifying as an accountant (eg. ACA, ACCA, CPA), the costs of which would be covered by State Street.
- Experience in managing a number teams / people.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards as they relate to funds (IFRS, Irish GAAP in particular)
- Ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop.
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable with managing difficult situations as they arise.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, auditors at all levels.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Ability to delegate work to others.
- Ability to hold and chair meetings as required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.