Alternatives Sales, Asia Pacific - Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced sales individual with a proven track record of sourcing new clients and closing both tactical and strategic deals that generate revenue for the company. You will establish and maintain a pipeline of prospective clients to drive new business opportunities and strategies within Asia Pacific.
Specializing in Alternatives with a strong focus and knowledge of Hedge Funds & Private Markets (Private Equity, Real Estate and Infrastructure) the candidate will understand the requirements of hedge funds and private market managers and have an established influencer network in the space.
You will also serve as a thought leader and cooperate extensively with the regional sales organization in deal construction, value proposition and to transfer critical sales and product knowledge to other colleagues in the region to ensure sales synergies across segments.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alternative Sales, VP you will
- Develop new business strategy and pipeline within the Asia Pacific region with a key focus on Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia as key launch centers for the GP business.
- Feeder & Partnerships: You will be a highly independent individual capable of maintain key feeder relationships across the region which will be crucial to your business success. It is also important for you to have good working relationships with key industry bodies within the region and to tap on opportunities to position State Street as a thought leader; by bringing Subject Matter Experts to represent the company in key events.
- Develop an understanding for the target market, their challenges and opportunities, and ensure this is understood by the business, corporate functions etc.
- Play a lead role in identification of key client pain points, solution scope and opportunities to cross sell other product lines across the franchise.
- Provide suitable participation and governance in new business development activities. Participate in the Regional Deal Team Committees to facilitate the development of an appropriate risk culture and financial discipline.
- Ensure that appropriate management information is updated in a timely and accurate manner which will feed all management dashboards and updates.
- Maintain standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters
- Monitor and communicate competitor behaviour identifying key strengths and weaknesses relative to State Street’s solutions / pricing.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proven sell-side sales management
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and influence change
- Ability to influence cross-organizational plans, sales efforts alongside organizational priorities
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 15+ years experience in financial services areas inclusive of sales, account and relationship management. Strategy, business and senior operational roles also a consideration.
- Undergraduate degree
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.