Internship Personal Tax (m/f/d)
A career in our Global Mobility Services practice, within People and Organisation Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations.
Our team helps companies streamline and effectively manage their international assignment programme in a cost efficient manner. You’ll assist our team with international assignee management, Human Resources, payroll, finance and accounting in addition to mobility policy, process and governance consulting.
In the globalised market, employees are more than ever required to work cross-border or remotely to meet corporate and client's needs. It is important for global companies to develop a competitive international mobility programme, which is not only aligned with their business model strategy but also facilitates the transactional aspects of international mobility. However, in practice employees working abroad often face income tax and social security challenges. Our team of around 20 people will support the clients whenever they need assistance in areas such as cross-border employment income tax returns and will advise on international assignment tax.
As an Intern you will:
- Help to prepare opinions on tax matters related to international assignments: define the best employment structures, optimise tax and social security, align with best practices and tendencies, advise the clients on the application of the new tax regime for qualifying international employees;
- Prepare Luxembourg tax returns and social security computation mainly for expatriate clients working in multinationals and provide related advice (arrival/departures tax briefings, review of tax assessment);
- Calculate Luxembourg taxes, taking into account the specific cross-border context in Luxembourg;
- Exchange with the PwC network abroad for the proper application of international conventions on taxation and social security;
- Participate in technical meetings and preparation of client presentations;
- Liaise with the Luxembourg tax administration;
- Participate in training sessions given to clients at the PwC Academy;
- Work in mixed teams, interact with the Reward team and experience synergies with the Human Resource advisory team.
- You will soon have a Master's degree in economics or law, with a specialization in taxation (please mention the topic of your master thesis in your application and the main modules/ subjects you took in your studies);
- You have a strong interest in personal tax and compliance, and you would like to work on tax declarations;
- You are looking for an experience in an international firm and have to complete an end of studies internship with a minimum of 3 months, starting on the first semester 2019;
- You enjoy working in teams and look for an open-minded and friendly environment;
- You have an excellent command of Microsoft Office Excel;
- You are fluent in both our working languages French and English. Knowledge of German will be considered an asset.
Are you looking for a multicultural firm that invests in the development of your potential and considers health at work a top priority?
Then don’t wait any longer!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.