Financial Reporting, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Responsible for preparing and analyzing/reviewing interim and annual financial statements and quarterly Schedule of Investments in accordance with Regulatory and GAAP requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As AIS FRR you will
- Performs detailed 1st review of interim and annual financial statements and quarterly Schedule of Investments.
- Review accuracy and reasonability of financial statements disclosures
- Verify crosschecks and calculations
- Provide financial statements preparation guidance to Specialists by providing and walking through review comments.
- Follow all procedures regarding financial statements review and sign off on all required checklists. Recommend and implement enhancements to procedures based on experience and changes to regulatory requirements, funds and clients.
- Prepares more complex interim and annual shareholder reports and quarterly Schedule of Investments
- Perform planning procedures in order to identify any issues prior to the reporting cycle commencing, discuss with Manager and work with applicable parties to resolve.
- Coordinate the receipt of reports, extracts and other information from Fund Accounting, Reporting and Compliance, Treasury, Client, etc.
- Perform a detailed review of the general ledger balances, identifying issues and initiating the resolution of those issues with applicable parties
- Ensure the accuracy and reasonability of amounts disclosed in the financial statements.
- Calculate certain financial statements disclosures based on Regulatory requirements, as applicable.
- Follow all procedures regarding financial statements preparation and sign off on all required checklists.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to procedures based on knowledge and experience obtained during preparation process.
- Ensure adherence to the production calendar, or promptly communicate changes thereto to all concerned parties.
- Communicate and coordinate the distribution of all drafts of the financial statements to all external and internal parties.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Assist Specialists in the resolution of issues.
- Train Specialists and new employees on financial statements preparation, group procedures, Regulatory and GAAP requirements, Financial Reporting Platforms and all applicable system applications.
- Supervise Specialists to ensure that pre-work is prepared in a timely manner and reviewed for completeness and accuracy.
- Work with clients and auditors to coordinate and analyze all financial statements comments.
- Review comments for accuracy and discuss resolution of comments with clients and auditors.
- Perform other special projects or tasks assigned.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA/ BS and 2-4 years related experience
- Candidate must be detail oriented
- Prior Fund Accounting and/or Financial Reporting experience preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.