Sovereign Risk Management, Assistant Vice President
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT), is the world’s leading provider of financial services to institutional investors, to which it provides custody and management of their assets; accounting, daily pricing, and administration of their funds; the information and analytical tools that help them make investment decisions; and the foreign exchange, cash management, credit, and electronic trading services that help them negotiate complex, global financial markets efficiently and effectively.
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) department at State Street is responsible for the identification, analysis, and management of risk at both the corporate-level and in partnership with the business units in support of their activities. This is accomplished by balancing our aggressive growth and revenue targets with appropriate risk oversight, policies, guidelines and limits, as well as support provided by risk management professionals.
The Sovereign Risk Management Group within ERM is focused on the management of country and sovereign risk for State Street’s activities across business lines and functional areas, with analysis grounded in political, economic, legal, regulatory and reputational risk factors. The group is responsible for the firm-wide Country Risk Appetite Framework, which provides country-specific quantitative and qualitative ratings and views, as well as associated Country Limits and the policies to guide risk-taking in non-U.S. markets.
The group is seeking a highly qualified individual to support a variety of projects within the Sovereign Risk Management Group.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in international markets, political or economic consulting or other roles directly incorporating country risk management knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- A demonstrated interest in financial services and risk management
- Degree in foreign policy or previous experience in country risk or international strategy
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.