Country Finance - Finance Associate - Egypt
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
The country finance support forms a key team within the OneFinance community for PwC ME. The team is responsible for all day to day finance operations in country and for the smooth running of finance requirements for countries.
The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day today support and administration required. Responsible for performing accounting work according to PwC Approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily finance tasks arising locally in country including country finance processing requirements
- Custodian of country finances including reconciliation and reporting
- Ensure all communication are responded and address any inquiries in time”.
- Custodian of the firm’s petty cash and cheques and ensure delivering the cheques for collection on time.
- Communicate with banks for proof of payments, bank confirmations, follow up LG issuance and any other matters.
- Pay the cash and interns’ salaries, execute payments to Vendors and Government Authorities
- Issue WHT certificates.
- Coordinate with the Shared Service Centre (SSC) in reviewing the payments.
- Prepare a bi-monthly cashflow.
- Support the on-time and accurate finance requirements of the country (CSP / COO)
- Work on monthly closing of accounts and finalizing monthly accounts and reports
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner
- Prepare standardised reports or summaries, and other documentation required for the function.
Learning & Growth
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- College level education with a focus in Accounting, Finance or
related field required.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic & English with excellent
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of SUN, SAGE or any ERP system is an asset.
- Good level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Good calculation and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Capability to work well in a team
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Good liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Good customer service skills
- Good decision making skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.