Manager, Assurance and Review (VPSG6)
- Do you have past experience providing an Executive team with assurance on compliance related issues and matters?
- Do you have exceptional writing skills and an ability to prepare detailed reports?
- Do you have a passion for pro-actively identifying opportunities for generating workplace innovation and seeking continuous improvement?
The Manager, Assurance & Review is responsible for managing all aspects of corporate compliance and assurance for the VBA, driving compliance and assurance initiatives across the organisation, and ensuring the organisation can respond to a changing compliance environment.
The primary focus of this role is to work closely with the CRO to deliver integrated assurance to the Board, CEO, and executive team that the VBA is complying with its obligations and utilising recommendations from assurance activities to support the organisation (and accountable people) in delivering innovative and contemporary solutions to the changing regulatory and compliance environment
To be successful in this role you will have past leadership experience and qualifications within business, economics, statistics or other disciplines with a risk and assurance focus.
The Victorian Building Authority embraces a diverse and inclusive culture who work together for the benefit of all Victorians. Our recruitment is best practice and free from bias, we recruit based on merit and equity regardless of age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation or cultural background.
We have an amazing employee engagement program, remote working setup, health and well-being and learning and development programs to ensure our people are fit for work and inspired to be the best they can. We are always looking for talented new people to join us with a broad range of skills and experience who are curious, keen to learn and enjoy serving the community they live in, so if this sounds like a place you'd like to work and you think you have what it takes, we'd love to hear from you and encourage you to apply now!
What you can expect
- A diverse and passionate team that are results driven.
- Flexible work arrangements
- A competitive salary plus 10% superannuation
We require you to upload:
- A detailed copy of your resume
- A cover letter briefly outlining your relevant experience and what attracted you to the role
- Any other quals or licence if applicable
- Only electronic applications submitted via careers.vic.gov.au will be accepted.
- Candidates deemed suitable from a selection process may be considered for identical or similar vacancies within 6 months.
- As a public sector and service standard, generally all new employees will start at the base entry level and increment throughout the salary range each year based on performance. Current public sector employees at the same grade will be considered for a transfer of entitlements with evidence. A request above entry level may be considered in certain circumstances.