Assistant-Consumer Industrial Markets
Audit Associates work under the supervision of Senior Associates on particular engagements. Their main responsibility is to prepare the working papers in accordance with the firm and professional standard, as delegated by the senior. Their primary job is to ensure that they deliver quality services on a timely basis.
Major duties and responsibilities
Client & Customer Focus
- Updating of system documentation
- Setting up and referencing a file
- Develop industry knowledge to complement functional skills
- Compliance testing, including system walk through
- Basic Analytical Review (AR) procedures
- Get involved in audit of less financial statements captions (Including but not limited to),
- Accounts payable (AP), fixed assets, other receivable, other payables and expense review.
- Ensure that the engagement reviews are completed within the given time frame.
- Fixed assets, excluding the assessment of capital work in progress and fixed policies when these audits are complex and more risky
- Help new recruited associates & assist in settling in.
- Accounts receivable, and may include the evaluation of the provision for doubtful debts
- The audit of the client’s statutory records, internal controls and consolidated accounts
- Attending stock counts and the follow up of the counts
- Audit administration (casting, photocopying, filing)
- Client relations, participate in client meetings when required
- Participates in the pre engagement planning, with team members and client staff when needed. Discuss client’s need/expectations, team roles, budgets and other things necessary to carry out the engagement.
- Adhere to the KPMG code of conduct and all KPMG risk management policies and procedures
- Perform effective wrap-up of engagement, clearing all review notes, assisting manager / in-charge with report issuance/concurring review process, placing files to disks/network and complying with document retention policy, binding and filing work papers in the office.
- Understand the client’s business products, performance and accounting policies.
- BSc in accounting or equivalent
- Accounting qualification or equivalent (ACCA, CPA)
- Technically sound, thorough knowledge of IFRS & ISA
Work experience requirements:
- 0-6 months post graduate experience
- Knowledge in accounting concepts
- Computer Literacy
KPMG was established in the Lower Gulf in 1973 and has grown to over 1,300 professionals, led by more than 90 partners and directors, across six regional offices. Over the last 40 years, KPMG has worked with leading industry players across the region, helping identify and manage risks and capitalize on opportunities - making us a preferred professional services provider.
We play a pivotal role in helping clients make their own success stories. At various stages of growth, our clients look to us for timely and independent advice. Our professionals are selected from a deep talent pool of industry specialists. They offer significant knowledge, local experience, and a client-focused approach – and are integrated into a network of professionals working with KPMG firms around the world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.