Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency (Investor Service Centre)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
- Transfer Agency (TA) provide administration services to fund management companies covering the full range of Investor servicing functions such as dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
- The Investor Service Centre (ISC) is the contact centre for the TA department.
- Reporting to the Team Leader, as a Senior Analyst you will be responsible for maintaining the day to day relationship with our Customers over telephony and email communication channels. You will work with the wider Team on Customer escalations and also work with the Quality Audit Team to maintain the desired quality service levels.
- Responding to Customer queries via telephone or email;
- Monitor telephone call levels to ensure that all Service Level Agreements are met;
- Monitoring email inboxes to ensure all queries are completed within the agreed service levels;
- Act as a mentor to new team members;
- Provide assistance and coaching to new members of the team and act as a point of reference for their queries;
- Support the improvement of quality through procedural reviews and enhancements;
- Ensure that the daily telephone dealing is completed in accordance with current procedures;
- Perform call backs to our Customers to verify the particulars of their instructions to us;
- Monitor and report on various client queries and make recommendations where applicable to your Team Leader on procedure changes to enhance the Customer experience;
- Complete and distribute internal reporting on team KPIs as requested;
- Ensure your own tasks and responsibilities are completed within the correct time scales and to the right level of quality & accuracy;
- Fulfil additional and relevant tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements as outlined by your Team Leader.
- No direct reports but act as an escalation point of contact for more junior members of the Team.
Internal Key Stakeholders
- Team Leader
- Quality Audit Team
- Team Manager
- Head of ISC
- Client Relationship Managers & Client Service Managers
External Key Stakeholders
- External Clients
- External Investors
Crucial Skills / Experience
- Interpersonal (relationship building, respect, inclusion, problem solving and understanding);
- Strong Customer focus;
- Communication (listening skills, oral communication skills, information sharing and written communication skills);
- Motivation (closure and result seeking);
- Ability to work on own initiative and to set deadlines;
- Thinking (decision making, idea generation, analytical mind set and a problem solver);
- Leadership (direction, idea generation, knowledge sharing and team recognition);
- Computer literate (e.g. ability to use Excel, Word and other Office applications competently);
- Attention to detail and strong eye for accuracy.
Desired Skills / Experience
- Experience working in a contact centre or a Customer facing role;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Transfer Agency product within an Investor Services centre environment;
- Extensive knowledge of the NT organisation, the fund administration product more generally and the financial services regulatory environment.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.