Finance Transformation - Senior Manager - Dublin
EY is the only major professional services firm with an integrated Financial Services (FS) practice across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA). We connect our Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets and Insurance clients to 6,500 talented people from 12 countries and 35,000 Financial Services colleagues around the world.
The EY Financial Services (FS) – Consulting team is continuing to grow and develop our unique consulting propositions aligned to the market needs and demands. We are currently looking for exceptional Senior Managers (12+ years’ experience) with experience in Project and Programme Management roles in the Finance or Risk domains to join our team and support our continued success.
EY’s FS Consulting team is experiencing an exciting period of growth across all levels due to the Finance sector coming under increasing pressure to transform their Process, Data and Technology capabilities, deliver on a complex change agenda over the next 3 to 5 years and marrying ongoing regulatory demands with new and emerging technology and data related initiatives. As a result of these demands,many Finance functions are turning to us for support. This role will offer a huge variety of challenges and opportunities to make a serious impact on our business, our client’s businesses, and your career.
FS Consulting works collaboratively with our global peers and our clients to enhance their ability to solve complex business problems through delivery excellence. Our clients need the vision to articulate the big picture and your support to deliver it with precision.
As a Finance Transformation Senior Manager, you’ll be responsible for building valuable relationships with our clients and to develop a track-record of delivery that is recognised throughout the market.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for delivering key strategic programmes for FS Consulting clients, ensuring service quality on one or more engagements at a time, leveraging your knowledge and sector experience to deliver Business and IT Transformations. You will own the delivery relationship with the client; you will be responsible for regular status reporting, and governance forums of the programme. You will be responsible for the tracking of key qualitative and quantitative metrics associated with programme delivery.
Business Development: You’ll be responsible for leading proposals and client presentations for complex programmes that require significant involvement from vendors, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals. Especially on emerging Business and Technology solutions and delivery approaches.
Finance Transformation Leadership
You will be a leader for our people within the Finance Competency. You will leverage your extensive Finance Transformation skills, abilities, and experience, to develop our people and progress their own careers. You will do this through hands-on mentoring and coaching of our team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead Finance Transformation Consulting engagements
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates to complete to vendors and clients
- Work with Directors and Partners to generate new business opportunities and build client networks and relationships
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within Consulting and across other services
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Consulting professionals
- Maintain an educational programme to continually develop personal skills
- Understand, follow and lead staff in workplace policies and procedures
Finance Transformation responsibilities
- Bring Finance Transformation thought leadership and practical experience of the implementation of emerging practices.
- Guide and mentor our delivery teams with practical experience of the implementation of Business Transformations.
- Collaborate with our Technology Consulting business and other service-lines to bring the best of EY to our clients relevant to their delivery needs.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 12+ years senior level experience in consulting and delivery of large-scale complex change programmes – especially within large Financial Services clients (Banking, Insurance)
- Experience in a matrix managed organisation
- Experience in the establishment, training and managing teams comprised of both staff, contractor and strategic partners.
- Strong financial background including experience of business case development and financial governance
- Excellent communication skills – tailoring communications to suit a mix of audiences
- Deep Functional expertise coupled with a relevant accreditation in their allocated programme/Domain e.g. Credit, Risk, Finance etc
- A proven track record of delivering business value from Business Consulting as a senior Project Manager / Programme Manager
- Have a proven ability to be able to take a ‘big picture’ delivery and project management view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approaches
- Having a track record of delivery within a number of large-scale Transformation programmes, taking ownership of delivery across internal client teams
- Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and IT, operating across organisational and technology silos to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions
- Accreditation and practitioner experience of a range of Project Management approaches including PRINCE II, Agile Frameworks & Methods (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS), PMI / PMP.
- Have a Programme and Project Management track record with a blue-chip consulting or systems integration firm or as a Delivery Lead within a leading Enterprise/Organisation
- Be comfortable working with client executives and senior management
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in one or more of the following specialisms: Digital Transformations, Agile Delivery Methods, Business Design, Regulatory Change.
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial
- Experience of delivering, or being involved, in large scale regulatory change programmes which has enabled you to develop your subject matter skills, technical skills, project management and consulting skills
What we look for
If you have keen interest in Business Consulting in Ireland as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then the EY Business Consulting team could be exactly the right place for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.