Strategy and Transactions - Corporate Real Estate - Manager - Open location
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
About this role:
EY has built an industry leading corporate real estate (CRE) consulting practice. We work with our clients to address their most complex CRE issues and challenges. We advise our clients on strategic, operational, and analytical matters. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our commitments to our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients, and for our communities.
Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global EY real estate network that delivers high quality advice through every phase of the real estate lifecycle. You will leverage EY's global network to support various account teams, service lines, and solutions in order to tackle some of the largest and most complex corporate real estate and workplace challenges facing our clients.
Your Key responsibilities:
In order to be effective in CRE, you need to be able to make intelligent and informed decisions about people, place, and technology. You will be an important part of our diverse, talented, and highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile corporate real estate engagements.
As a Manager within SaT CRE Consulting, you will spend your days working on strategic and / or operational corporate real estate issues, while working with practice leadership and client management to deliver innovative solutions. A Manager should have broad knowledge of at least three core CRE consulting disciplines - including CRE operating model and organizational design, service delivery and outsourcing analysis, CRE support for M&A / Divestiture transactions (pre-deal due diligence, integration support, and separation support), portfolio, workplace, and occupancy strategy, and CRE IT / digital workplace strategy. This knowledge should be grounded in a passion for solving complex and often ambiguous client challenges.
Essential skills include the ability to:
- Develop innovative approaches to completing scopes of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- Develop presentation materials, briefings, scorecards, and implementation documents
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assess operating models, organizational structures, and business processes to streamline corporate real estate and facilities management service delivery
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
- Manage the creation of proposals, presentations and other client-facing materials and deliverables
- Communicate EY's point of view on relevant and current CRE topics and trends
- Analyze and draw insights from complex datasets
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Client-service oriented work ethic, driven by a desire to act
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building capabilities
- Outstanding listening, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional ability to present and articulate ideas through storytelling
- Passion for strategic and creative problem solving
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to foster and refresh ongoing client relationships
- Comfort working across multi-disciplinary, collaborative, and distributed teams
- Eagerness to mentor and counsel junior staff
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- 8+ years of credible, related work experience support business development and driving delivery of strategic projects for a large client or set of clients in the field of corporate real estate, management consulting, workplace consulting, or technology consulting
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, engineering, architecture, business, finance or other business-related field; graduate degree in a relevant field/discipline is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in at least three of the core corporate real estate consulting disciplines of operating model design, organizational design, and service delivery, as well as portfolio, workplace, occupancy, location, sustainability, technology, and digital workplace strategy
- Experience supporting project management activities, such as resource planning, schedule development, engagement pricing, and budget management
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- High proficiency with the MS Office Suite of Products
- Ability to travelup to 75%
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Prior professional services or management consulting experience
- Professional accreditation in real estate, design, engineering, construction, project management and process improvements, such as PE, PMP, CCIM, QCPR, MCR, SLCR, CPM and Lean Six Sigma.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.