Senior Supplier Compliance Officer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our dynamic Finance team. Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, our Finance team is at the heart of the wider business and provides key support to.
At Next, not only are we one of the UK’s largest fashion retailers, but we’re also one of the largest listed companies. Selling our own NEXT brand as well as hundreds of world-famous brands, in the UK and worldwide. What’s more, we’re growing. Fast. And it’s the kind of growth and investment that is exciting for everyone in our business.
Specifically you can join our Finance Operations department. We’re the ones who keep the business going, and the cash flowing. Taking pride in our strong financial processes as we manage over £4bn of sales and payments a year, across 500+ retail stores and circa 8 million active Online customers. But that’s just the day to day. With so much growth going on, we get stuck into projects and supporting new business initiatives. Helping to expand overseas and bring in even more third-party brands. This is one for those who aren’t afraid of big digits, who have an eye for anomalies, and who want to use their skills to succeed through rapid change, challenge and scale.
NEXT has partnered with over 8000 suppliers to provide goods and services with outbound payments totalling several £billion. Supplier onboarding and ongoing supplier relationships are fundamental to business growth and success.
We are currently looking for a Senior Supplier Compliance Officer with relevant experience to oversee and manage the onboarding of our rapidly growing and diverse range of global suppliers including our LABEL and Total Platform partners.
You’ll provide expert advice in this area, making recommendations to the business after performing assessments utilising a wide range of external screening tools and internal information to verify supplier details in line with internal policies and regulation whilst ensuring strict controls, compliance and ongoing monitoring are in place supported by relevant KPIs and metrics.
In addition you'll be instrumental in initiating, driving forward and implementing process and system improvements as well as maintaining policy documentation and conducting training and testing.
With proven experience within a compliance environment you will be highly skilled in communicating with internal and external stakeholders, providing a high quality service and will act as a key interface to the wider business at all levels.
About the role:
- Maintaining policy, user guides, supplier welcome packs , documentation and process flows for the end to end set up and onboarding of new suppliers / partners and change of details of existing suppliers/ partnersConduct training sessions and appropriate testing to maintain controls within the areaUtilising and Evaluating tools and solutions to provide accurate outcomes to verify and provide assurance over supplier informationManagement of 2 direct reports ensuring strict controls and policies are adhered to at all times, enabling the team to succeed by providing them with the right tools and knowledge.Track and manage the end to end completion of all compliance steps, actions and events in setting up a new supplier or changing details, execute reviews and escalate appropriatelyKey approver of applications to set up or amend supplier details, providing business directors and senior management with recommendations based on risk assessments and vetting outcomesClose liaison with other compliance functions including Legal, Information Security, Fraud, Audit and Tax in addition to the wider Accounts Payable functionEnsure the risk landscape is understood in relation to supplier onboarding and paymentsStandardise NEXT terms of business for receipt of invoices ensuring suppliers comply with NEXT policies in relation to invoicing method and format on set up and ongoing, driving forward electronic receipt of invoice data and invoice consolidationManaging and overseeing the use of the external supplier portalUtilising forensic software to detect and prevent duplicate invoice paymentsChampion and deliver continuous improvement and efficiencySponsoring system improvements and scoping, testing and implementing changesMaintain a broad knowledge of the business and engage with stakeholders to manage changes in the supply base and to work within agreed service levelsPrepare, maintain and distribute relevant metrics and KPI’s
- An effective communicator and decision maker with a compliance or audit background who builds strong business relationships internally and externally and is confident and able to influence at all levels.
- Superior attention to detail, analytical and reasoning skills together with strong ability to examine external and internal vetting documentation and fraud screening outcomes and track actions through to completion.
- Ability to practically apply an approach to compliance in a form and style appropriate to the NEXT business and able to constructively challenge and question.
- Demonstrates a logical thought process and able to critically assess and resolve issues or problems.
- A proven track record of delivering results together with an ability to plan, prioritise and juggle multiple work streams whilst working to meet business demands.
- A change manager, who will champion and deliver continuous improvement and efficiency.
- An excellent people manager with experience managing, developing and motivating individuals within a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.