Strategy and Transactions- Valuation Solutions- Real Estate- Seasonal
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions based on quantitative and qualitative analyses. As a Senior Associate in our Real Estate, Hospitality & Construction (RHC) practice, you will fill a critical role in our diversely talented, and highly experienced team working on a variety of high-profile transactions and issues ranging from transaction underwriting, to valuation, as well as integration and portfolio and process improvement issues.
You'll be working in a team environment, in a real estate specialty role, and with other EY professionals on a variety of projects across a range of sectors. You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring, and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Associate, you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing project work. You'll be responsible for organizing and analyzing financial data, performing or overseeing primary and secondary market research, identifying key trends and risk areas, modeling cash flow and real estate strategy scenarios, and helping to write reports that set out our findings and recommendations. In the process of completing these duties, you will also be helping to develop staff and seniors ensuring their career development.
Skills and attributes for success
We support clients with their evolving business strategy throughout the real estate lifecycle with the following services:
- Transaction due diligence (buy-side and sell-side/carve-out) – involving a review of historical financial performance, identification of non-recurring items, and overall risk assessment
- Valuation – of commercial real estate, including purchase price allocation of real property or portfolios for purposes of financial or tax reporting
- Strategy & operations – including portfolio or process improvement engagements, and corporate real estate advisory
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree (accounting, finance, and/or real estate preferred) and at least 3 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree.
- Previous commercial real estate finance experience which may include acquisition due diligence, real estate valuation, loan underwriting, asset management, or finance statement audit experience.
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling expertise.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- The ability to prioritize projects and competing deadlines effectively and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- The ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Advanced Word and PowerPoint expertise.
- Experience with Argus Enterprise valuation software.
- Appraisal certifications: Trainee license, certified general appraisal license or MAI
- Other professional designations are a plus: CPA, CFA, or ASA for example.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for real estate who have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client's goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.