Assurance Manager - Financial Services Organization - SDC Texas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our financial services clients.
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. You'll be working with the Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity.
The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Financial Services Office (FSO). This Manager position supports the Assurance team by supervising and performing quality checks on audit reporting and documentation. This position will provide day-to-day management of Associate Analyst I through Senior Analyst (Analysts) rank
Your key responsibilities
- Supervise the work of Associate Analyst I, Associate Analyst II, and Senior Analyst
- Manage the administration of audit reporting and documentation
- Assume responsibility for the documentation and execution of specific audit procedures
- Oversee the development of audit and accounting client deliverables
- Perform financial and audit data analytics
- Identify potential audit issues or unusual relationships from analysis of financial statements
- Apply accounting and auditing concepts to client situations
- Identify opportunities to enhance audit techniques
- Monitor project scope and schedule and the progress of client engagement deliverables.
- Coordinate with other EY specialists and offshore team members
- Meet engagement project expectations defined by project and engagement stakeholders
- Direct field work, inform supervisors of the engagement status and manage Analyst performance
- Take ownership for delivery of high-quality audit work
- Supervise the execution of parts of an audit engagement
Skills and attributes for success
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day performance of a group of Associate Analysts and Senior Analysts; including but not limited to their physical supervision (in the office on time, collaborating with their team, etc.), meeting the expectations of the engagement work (doing their assigned volume of work in a specific time period), and giving them performance feedback that ensures our production analyst are held accountable to a high standard of performance during client delivery.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree. Accounting, Finance, or Business degree
- Must have valid US certified public accountant (CPA) license in the US state for primary work location or Foreign Equivalent to the US CPA
- Minimum of5years'experience (preferably banking, insurance, and/or wealth and asset management experience, which may include broker dealer, mutual fund complexes, hedge funds, private equity funds or other investment vehicles) in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting related field
- Proven people management experience and ability to manage large teams in a metrics-driven, managed services environment, supporting nationally distributed teams and clients
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in supervising, planning, executing and reporting on audits of financial statements prepared in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles and US generally accepted auditing standards
- Experience participating in engagement management and engagement execution and reporting.
- Confidence working with a virtual, global team and ability to oversee and direct resources in a managed services environment
- Minimal travel may be required
What we look for
The Manager acts as a team leader. They are responsible for the day-to-day performance of a group of Associate Analysts and Analysts; including but not limited to their physical supervision (in the office on time, collaborating with their team, etc.), meeting the expectations of the engagement work (doing their assigned volume of work in a specific time period), and giving them performance feedback that ensures our production analyst are held accountable to a high standard of performance during client delivery.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.