Structured Finance - Transactions - Staff 2
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Structured Finance - Transactions - Staff 2 - NYC, Hoboken, Houston, FL
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Structured Finance group, is a group within FSO that specializes in addressing varying needs of market participants in the securitization marketplace across asset classes, including asset- backed securities (ABS), commercial mortgage- backed securities (CMBS), residential mortgage- backed securities (RMBS) and collateralized loan obligations (CLO). The securitization market is a dynamic marketplace, continuously evolving with new regulations and technological advances every day. This a great opportunity to work in this fast-paced transaction business, support diverse engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients and lead business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Your key responsibilities
The primary role of the Structured Finance transaction team is to perform agreed-upon procedures (AUP) to help clients execute securitization transactions successfully.
- Work with and interact with front-office investment banking clients on a daily basis
- Perform loan document review and data reviews on loan files, recalculating fields on data tapes and run exception reports to tie out with clients
- Create collateral stratification tables used for assessing loan pool characteristics
- Perform cash flow modeling on deals to tie out to clients’ loan amortization tables and bond analytics,
- Review offering documents to verify information is accurate, complete, and conforming with industry and market standards
- Draft and review AUP Reports
Skills and attributes for success
Strong leadership, teaming, technical and relationship- building skills and integrity. These skills along with having a consistent commitment to delivering only the highest quality of work products to your clients, will allow you to easily integrate into the Structured Finance transaction team and reach your professional development goals.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 1 year of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1 year of related work experience. Degree in finance, economics, accounting, engineering or a related discipline; MBA or MS preferred
- Excellent prioritization skills and a commitment to meeting client deadlines
- Strong communication skills for report writing, client presentations and client interactions
- Proficient skills with MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary to meet client deadlines; valid driver’s license and passport to meet travel requirements
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior structured finance experience
What we look for
Individuals who demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge, the ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge and possess good business acumen.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.