Technology Consulting - BlackLine Delivery Lead - Senior Manager
Technology Consulting – BlackLine Delivery Lead - Senior Manager– UK
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. At EY, we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. Technology continues to play an increasingly large role both in our client work and how we operate within EY. Across our business, EY Technology professionals focus on harnessing the power of technology to unleash human potential. They seek to deliver innovative tech-based solutions and in doing so, enhance our market impact and improve service delivery
Are you fascinated by technology, automation and strategic business and technology consultancy? Do you have the consulting skills to resolve complex technology and business issues? Are you able to use your business insight and technological expertise to support a technology implementation for our clients?
Do you possess the right mindset, experience and capabilities to improve our clients business through a digital finance transformation enabled by BlackLine? Are you willing to deepen your current IT/Business skills in a high-performing environment?
Then the opportunity is now!
As a leader in the Financial Corporate Performance Management space, BlackLine provides a solution for clients to help standardise, automate, and control their financial close process. Within Technology Consulting, our EY BlackLine team is focused on working with our clients to transform their current processes and seamlessly move onto BlackLine. This could for example mean:
- Optimising the finance function through standardising the financial close processes, centralising activities, and enabling automation
- Delivering end to end BlackLine implementations through process design, tool configuration and build, testing, training, and business deployment
- Defining BlackLine system configuration to meet business requirements, align to defined policy and controls, and support existing operating model capabilities
We are looking for a Senior Manager with a BlackLine technology skillset, business-mindset and programme delivery experience who has a passion for digital transformations and an ability to lead clients through their transformation journey. We are looking for people who have been there and done it, who want to keep close to the technology and who want to deliver solutions that have optimum impact on their clients. We are looking for people who can bring in their own business knowledge to engage at all levels with EY clients.
Your key responsibilities
In your role as a BlackLine Delivery Lead, you will have responsibility for designing & delivering key aspects of our projects and transformation programmes within our client base. You will be expected to:
- Lead BlackLine implementations across various modules
- Bring business process knowledge and technical skillsets to client discussions
- Coordinate and manage EY BlackLine implementation team
- Provide clear communication with client leadership around critical path, risks, issues, dependencies and next steps
- BlackLine relationship management and escalation management
- Bring prior business experience and external perspectives to client discussions
- Engage and collaborate with clients’ stakeholders across all levels of the organisation, becoming a trusted advisor to the client
- Collaborate with client in preparation for key client project leadership sessions
Skills and attributes for success
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Programme Delivery Lead – experience leading a team through a technology driven transformation, building strong relationships and communication channels with client leadership
- BlackLine software solutions – technical knowledge in the BlackLine product offerings and experience delivering BlackLine implementations
- Finance Process Design – ability to take finance processes and business requirements and translate them into a future state technical design
- Technical skillset – deep understanding of BlackLine functionality and ability to identify opportunities for clients to derive value through integration with existing systems
- Designing and delivering BlackLine solutions as end-to-end implementations, assessments and client optimisations in one or more of the following BlackLine modules:
- Account Reconciliations
- Transaction Matching
- Tasks Management
- Intercompany Hub
- Variance Analysis
- Smart Close
- Consolidation Integrity Manager
To qualify for the role you must have
- Be able to define and evaluate end-to-end business processes and their integration with Finance
- Experience leading BlackLine implementations and managing technology and business workstreams
- Technical skillset in one or more modules within the BlackLine software application
- Solution Architecture skills to define integration of BlackLine applications with SAP ECC or S/4HANA modules and other 3rd party applications.
- Programme delivery experience and strong skillset in stakeholder management
- Functional knowledge in finance processes
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build ‘Trusted Adviser’ relationships
- Willingness to travel as required in relation to working at Client Sites on specific engagements
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Over 5 full lifecycle experience in complex BlackLine delivery
- Skillset focused in BlackLine offerings across multiple modules
- Experience in leading digital finance transformations enabled by BlackLine
- Ability to manage various workstreams and deliver according to programme defined plans
- An understanding in how the tool integrates with other client systems
What working at EY Agility works offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next. You will be offered the opportunity to attain Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA. CIMA, ACA)
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.