Graduate Trainee Chartered Accountant (ACA) - UKI - ISLE OF MAN
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across the UKI industry sectors.
EY’s practice in the Isle of Man is experiencing significant growth. Based in the heart of the Isle of Man, our UKI operation has enjoyed major business wins. With a huge welcome from our clients and increased demand from the UKI industry sectors, the Isle of Man is looking to recruit Audit Seniors with a wide range of industry sector audit experience to join team.
Are you newly qualified Audit Senior looking for a new challenge? Have you been operating at an experienced Audit Senior level and have not got the progression you wanted? Or are you looking to relocate to a low tax offshore jurisdiction, or do you want to be part of an exciting growth story?
Your key responsibilities
You will be expected to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of EY's capability to support our UKI industry sector clients. You will act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching and adhere to the firm's risk management policies at all times, delivering work to the highest quality.
Skills and attributes for success
- Significant industry sector Audit experience
- Effectively manage the Audit process, working closely with Audit Managers and Audit Partners, with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge across a wide range of UKI industry sectors
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements in the UKI industry sectors
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of staff
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of current trends/issues affecting the UKI industry sector markets in the UKI region
What we look for
We’re interested in candidates with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.