Audit Manager - Public Sector Audit
The Team - Our client base extends across the Public Sector in the North West and Yorkshire, with key sectors being Healthcare (NHS), Social Housing and Higher and Further Education. As an Audit Manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. We have a number of high profile clients in the Public Sector including several large NHS Foundation Trusts, Universities and Social Housing Groups and our managers benefit from working with a varied client base.
The Role and Responsibilities
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP (FRS102). You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG Audit Methodology requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG Audit Methodology and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Prepare and negotiate fee proposals for our existing client base, and assist in forming propositions for new business.
- Assist the Senior Managers, Directors and Partners in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior client management and audit committees
The Person - Experience and Background
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Experience in working with Public Sector audited entities (not essential)
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
- Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen
Qualifications and Skills
- Time and Exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Significant and recent experience as an Audit Manager in an external audit capacity
- Current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and GAAP standards
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.