Senior - Tax and Finance Operate (TFO) & Global Operations - Transition and Transformation
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: New York, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Los Angeles
The Ernst & Young LLP (EY US) Tax and Finance Operate (TFO) practice serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. Our TFO practice provides the processes, technology and people for functional outsourcing, enabled by leading-edge technology and client platforms. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their tax and finance functions. We believe that by managing clients’ tax obligations, we can make a critical difference — and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
EY US, is currently seeking high-potential seniors to deliver exceptional client service and to fuel the continued growth of our exciting TFO and Global Operations practices. The opportunity involves assisting our clients as well as internal teams in the design and execution of transition plans for these transformational engagements. Our market-leading approach combines extensive functional outsourcing experience with local tax and accounting experience. We use a standard global TFO methodology to provide clients with an integrated, end-to-end service that unlocks the full potential of the tax function across the entire life cycle. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals (including the firm’s most senior executives), you’ll be developed into a trusted business advisor —and play a critical role in building a better working world.
Your role as a senior will focus on establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels while working to consistently deliver exceptional client service. Additionally, you will work with management, assisting in the various processes within the TFO engagement, including:
- Integrating transition planning and execution, as well as the management of staff reporting to you
- Communicating the status and progress of the day-to-day operations of the project management office and transition plans/processes on a regular basis with those to whom you report as well as the client
- Monitoring progress, managing risk, driving operational efficiencies and confirming that key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Teaming across service lines and technical specialties
- Continuing to standardize and improve our internal processes and go-to-market approaches
Skills and attributes for success
- Work with client and internal EY TFO team to develop the transition scope of services related to moving the function from the client environment to EY. This includes but is not limited to knowledge transfer, facility, technology and tool implementation, identification of data requirements, process changes and day 1 readiness criteria,
- Monitor EY’s performance, quality and effectiveness through the transition life cycle
- Consistent communication between key players on the client and EY team to ensure smooth transition and completeness of agreed to TFO services
- Maintain a constant standard of quality and independence
- Support of continuous process improvement
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of three years of related work experience
- Strong team, project and people management skills with an ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills as well as a strong problem-solving ability, attention to detail and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Strong proficiency and a high level of comfort working with new and emerging technologies
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements
Ideally, you’ll also:
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
- Take ownership of tasks and have the proper judgment to make critical decisions
- Have a strong ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery, keep team members informed of work status, actively seek assignments when unassigned, challenge traditional procedures used in the past, and attempt to find new approaches and opportunities for process improvement
- Coach/mentor junior team members to help EY US continue to build an inclusive culture and high-performing teams
What we look for
We are seeking to identify high-potential seniors to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our practice.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- The salary range for this position in Stamford is: $72,400 – $120,600
- The salary range for this position in Hartford is: $62,900 – $104,900
- The salary range for this position in Las Vegas and Denver is: $59,700 – $99,600
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.