Client Executive - Financial Services (San Francisco)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Business Development function brings together business, sector and account knowledge along with EY competencies and solutions to meet unique client needs. The Business Development organization shapes and drives an integrated growth strategy across EY’s largest accounts, industry sectors, solutions and services, while demonstrating and achieving market leadership through a client centric culture.
As a Business Development Client Executive (CE), you may be assigned to Financial Services Accounts within the West Market Segment. You’ll deliver exceptional client service by understanding your client’s issues and challenges, leveraging the firm’s capabilities to originate and drive new business opportunities to grow revenue, and deepen the customer relationship management. You’ll drive global account strategy, rigorous account planning and relationship development across the client(s) organization.
Your key responsibilities
As a CE, you’ll be responsible for delivering sales within your assigned account/service line/sales offering challenged with achieving personal sales and pipeline targets. You’ll develop sales plans and act as a strategic advisor to the Market Segment and Consulting leaders, internally and externally, with the common objective of achieving an exceptional client service experience. Approximately 80% of your time will be externally focused, actively engaging with your client(s). Additional time will be spent on strategy and management initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
Thriving in a matrixed organization is essential, balancing the needs of the client against business initiatives and goals. Your ability to develop and build relationships is vital as you collaborate with colleagues across the firm to drive a coordinated market effort. Possessing natural coaching skills, you’ll inspire others with your actions in the market. You’ll be a trusted advisor to the GCSP and the account team, acting in a consultative manner. You’ll be the catalyst that pulls stakeholders together to drive strategic initiatives and enable revenue growth.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 10-12+ years of business development experience in professional services or solutions sales within the banking, capital markets and wealth and asset management industry
- A proven record of selling complex digital, technology, professional and/or managed services solutions to the "C" level of Fortune 500 companies
- Expert client management and relationship skills, strong executive presence, expert influencing skills
- Solid understanding of the marketplace/industry, competitive intel and account information
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging sales tools, methodologies and go-to-market models including social media
- Strong sector or technical content expertise
- Strong ability to handle and resolve conflict
- A University/Bachelor’s Degree
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An advanced degree or MBA
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Team selling experience
- Ability to travel
What we look for
Our successful Client Executives deliver exceptional client service by proactively originating new business, sharing ideas and bringing innovation to your clients. Additionally, you’ll be digitally connected across your clients’ full ecosystem while collaborating to find or build the right solution tailored to the business needs while challenging their thinking with distinct points of view.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.