Team Lead, Transfer Agency
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and inexperience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
The primary responsibility of the Team Leader is to supervise and support a team of Representatives and Senior Representatives within the Transfer Agency team. The department is responsible for client and investor document management, processing and quality checking of transactions and updating the registers of our clients¿ funds in response to investor instructions. The Team Leader reports to the Team Manager to maximize the inbound call center teams effectiveness. Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
- Oversight of the processing and quality checking of a wide range of dealing transactions through internal systems, to regulatory and client standards
- Day to day oversight of the inbound call center, including taking calls when experiencing high call volumes, as well as taking escalated calls
- Investigate and resolve enquiries and exceptions, communicates with various internal departments, other banks and brokerage firms to resolve exceptions
- Prepare financial reports ensuring conformity to professional and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for work flow and distribution and the effective use of resources within the team
- Provide on the job technical training and coaching for all team members and brief staff regularly on issues relating to work carried out by the team and new initiatives
- Organize the work of the team, assign tasks, set short-term priorities, monitor all activities and ensure timely and accurate completion of the work
- Ensure all procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to on a daily basis
- Assist the Team Manager in establishing goals and objectives for the team
- Generate process and system enhancement ideas and co-ordinate the introduction of these changes with supporting documented procedures
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
- Will consider remote work opportunity for experienced individuals!
- A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience is required Supervisory experience is desirable Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- The role will require the ability to deal confidently and articulately with internal and external counterparties
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.