Financial Services - Business Transformation- Capital Markets - Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Financial Services - Business Transformation- Capital Markets – Manager - Hoboken, NJ; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; McLean, VA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX; Phoenix, AZ
EY is the only professional services organization with a separate business unit that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our Financial Services Organization (FSO) teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Capital Markets team helps clients to solve their most challenging strategic problems: modernizing their infrastructure, dealing with regulatory change, defining their digital client strategy, enhancing their client service experience and adjusting their long-term business mix. Our teams work across our clients’ front, middle and back offices as well as at the industry level to drive performance improvement across sell-side, buy-side and market infrastructure participants in the capital markets.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for managing client engagements, working with high-performing teams to analyze, evaluate and enhance our clients’ capital markets businesses. You will interface with clients at all levels of an organization to help them solve their most challenging questions and support the Capital Markets practice in developing new offerings and thought leadership to take to market, enhancing our capabilities and services. Skills and attributes for success You will spend most of your time assisting on all phases of client delivery in an exciting variety of projects. You will have a keen interest and understanding of the capital markets across the trade and client life cycle; the tools that are used across the front, middle and back office; and a keen interest in innovation, digital strategy and driving efficiency for our clients. You will be a critical thinker with strong analytical and communication skills.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business with 5+ years of relevant experience working at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services organization; or a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) with 3+ years of relevant experience working at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services organization.
- A minimum of 2 recent years of experience in capital markets.
- Proven experience in managing small, midsize and large businesses, functions or projects in the capital markets sector
- Knowledge of a range of financial products, including derivatives, equities, and fixed income; foreign exchange; and commodities
- Knowledge of industries, including investment banking, broker-dealers, custody, fund administration and investment management
- Worked in a strategy-focused role across the front, middle or back office where you will have driven change and transformation that had a real impact to the business
- The ability to travel - you will likely spend a significant amount of time on-site with our clients. Travel may be international. Many clients are not within range of public transportation.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience working in a front office and sales strategy role or in a technology and operations strategy role; you will have insights into inefficiencies in businesses and how to improve organizational performance
- Experience in defining and delivering digital and data-led transformations, and you will be passionate about innovation
- Expertise cultivating mid- to senior-level relationships with clients and the ability to interact with clients up to the C-suite level
- An understanding of clients’ needs and will develop new service offerings to meet their needs, including providing advice on defining and designing business strategy, operations and other functional strategies, process framework guidelines and target operating models; improving business processes; and supporting business integration
- Expertise in policies, procedures, governance, design and operations in relevant areas, such as trade life cycle, front-office structure, broker-dealer operations, clearance and settlement, client onboarding, treasury operations, collateral management and regulatory regimes
What we look for
We are looking for passionate leaders with strong visions to lend subject-matter expertise to improve Capital Markets processes. If you have a genuine desire to help businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.