Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency (AML)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
As part of the Ireland Investor AML Ongoing Monitoring team, the role requires the completion of a workload, with guidance from colleagues and line management, to support all aspects of the ongoing monitoring of investors in line with:
- AML Legislation/Regulation & Guidance/Best Practice.
- The Ireland Investor AML Department’s processes and procedures.
In addition, the role requires partners to hold, build and maintain strong relationships with the Northern Trust Transfer Agency and Client Services Departments, as well as other key stakeholders, to deliver a robust AML Ongoing Monitoring service to Northern Trust’s client and investor base.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Take responsibility for timely and accurate completion of AML Ongoing Monitoring workload allocated on a daily basis.
- Actively participates, in Investor AML’s’ periodic review process for all investors, including the review of investor documentation in adherence with Northern Trust’s AML policy and procedures.
- Works with colleagues and line management in reviewing such investor documentation and efficiently sourcing outstanding investor due diligence documentation (if any) with professionalism of approach and timely escalation of material issues arising.
- Actively participate in daily AML ongoing monitoring processes such as transaction monitoring and overnight screening of investors and their accounts.
- Is aware of and has the ability and confidence to assess adverse media on investor accounts as well as assessing high risk factors linked to accounts, such as the involvement of PEP’s.
- Escalates, and assists with, the resolution of more complex problems and critical issues as referred to the Investor AML Ongoing Monitoring team, as well as those received from other internal and/or related external parties.
- Ensures that all queries from internal and external parties are dealt with efficiently and professionally, with support from line management where required.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with clients and partners in other Northern Trust departments.
- Works with line management to ensure that the Investor AML team meets the required audit, risk and compliance standards as determined, from time to time, in accordance with changes in legislation and guidance.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of AML regulation and best practice and uses this knowledge to promote enhancements to Northern Trust’s AML processes and procedures.
- Performs additional work where volume or absence requires such workload to be completed across AML Ongoing Monitoring.
- Knowledge of day-to-day AML and Transfer Agency operations and the wider funds administration business.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Effective risk management.
- Ability to research, understand and deliver solutions to issues, including more complex issues as agreed with line management.
- Previous experience in an AML, Compliance or Transfer Agency role is preferable.
- Knowledge or awareness of the AML regulatory environment in Ireland and the UK.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and drive workloads forward using own initiative.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications relating to designated areas of responsibility.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.