Head of Transfer Agency Projects and Business Support, Vice President
Who we are looking for
- Manage a team to provide process mapping, analysis expertise, testing, system implementation and production support services to the Transfer Agency business in Australia.
- Provide support to the Business Unit Head on project implementations and change initiatives.
- Report to the Global Head of Change Management and Transfer Agency Technology
- Manage Technology vendor relationships (internal and external)
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Transfer Agency Projects and Business Support you will
- Manage and assist a team to deliver all Transfer Agency Projects for the Australian business. This includes documenting business requirements, presenting requirements to technology vendors or IT, working with IT on deployment, creation of test plans, testing, creating release summary documents and providing training to the business.
- Maintain a project tracker for all active and pipeline projects to be reviewed bi-monthly with the business heads.
- Monthly SLA and governance meetings with IT heads.
- Monthly meetings with each team member including mid-year and year-end performance reviews.
- Raise and actively participate in Major incidents relating to the Production environment.
- Manage and assist with the troubleshooting of any production issues raised by the business.
- Responsible for Vendor Management including Monthly/Quarterly meetings with technology providers.
- Manage and assist with the onboarding of new business which includes data migration.
- Manage and assist with client transition out.
- Ownership of the Information Security Risk Management Program (ISRMP) for all business applications.
- Ownership of issues arising from the Third Party Risk Management program (TPRM) and track to agreed completion date.
- Responsible for managing and tracking vendor invoices.
- Responsible for resource allocation to projects.
- Responsible for raising any change requests with procurement and participate in any Cloud Security or Office of Architecture reviews.
- Assist the business in any compliance related monthly or annual reporting.
- Assist the business with the submission of any business cases that require funding.
- Raise procurement requests for any new vendor engagements and assist with review of contracts.
Knowing your clients (Internal / External)
- Establish and build relationships with internal teams and external vendors.
- High level of understanding of key clients: their organisation, key controllers and systems used.
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring that client commitments are delivered on time and within budget.
- Work closely with the State Street IT teams.
Risk Management & Internal Controls
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes to mitigate risk.
- Identify, recommend & implement improvements in the Unit where procedures/processes/controls and client servicing arrangements may be improved.
- Support State Street’s Risk Management goals. Ensure compliance with bank policies, procedures, and audit processes at both global and local levels.
- Focus on best practice "Change Management" techniques
- Articulate clear goals for staff participating in project activities.
- Keep people focused on critical goals and deadlines through frequent and consistent communication.
- Motivate people by creating a high performance environment that is both challenging and exciting.
- Good liaison skills across all levels of the organisation.
Key Organisational Relationships
- Transfer Agency – Global Head of Change Management and Technology
- Transfer Agency - Unit Head
- Transfer Agency - Operational Account Managers and Assistant Unit Heads
- IT - Application Development / Maintenance (ADM) and Solutions Design & Planning
- IT - Head of Australia
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to present ideas effectively on an individual and larger audience level.
- Ordered, disciplined approach to projects with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation and people skills..
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in a team. Minimal supervision should be required.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to identify and resolve problems when they arise.
- Results orientated.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A sound knowledge of managed funds products and concepts.
- A sound knowledge of all Transfer Agency operational flows.
- An excellent aptitude for Information Technology.
- Project management / business analysis skills.
- Previous finance experience is necessary; Transfer Agency background is desired.
- An excellent understanding of core Transfer Agency processes including transaction processing, Australian Tax, FATCA/CRS and local and global regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of Transfer Agency systems such as Phoenix, HiTrust, regiSTREET & AWD would be an advantage.
- High level knowledge of IT infrastructure beneficial.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.