Consultant – Transfer Agency (Registration)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, finance and investor services. Transfer Agency is a growing department based over 4 locations Limerick, Dublin, Bangalore and Pune. It’s a fast paced environment offering all partners excellent opportunities to grow their careers.
The Registration Team is responsible for creating new investment records and maintaining existing Client, Investor and Agent records according to regulatory, compliance and operational requirements. The Registration Team is responsible for the creation and maintenance of investor and agent records whilst adhering to regulatory, compliance and operational requirements.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Programme support with key initiatives
- Working with the team and the programme to achieve successful integration
- Reviewing internal team processes for optimisation
- Working with all team members including offshore partners to achieve optimisation initiatives
- Procedure maintenance following the change control process
- Compliance with regulations and attainment of client specific processing requirements
- Maintains a close working relationship with other areas within the Transfer Agency business unit and other Divisions/Departments within Northern Trust
- To work with the team, internal departments and group projects area on any allocated projects.
- Ensure observation of proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
BAU Responsibilities as required:
- Oversight of processing work, quality checks and assurance
- point for unresolved issues to the India Transfer Agency team
- Day to day client reporting in relation to outstanding registration requirements
- Workflow queue management and analysis
- Achievement of monthly KPIs
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- An up to date understanding of Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- Computer literate with knowledge of Lotus Notes / Microsoft Office;
- Effective risk management
- Customer Service experience
- Extensive knowledge of collective investment scheme administration and current regulatory environment
- An understanding of investment product administration preferred
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.