Strategy and Transactions- Data Analytics (Data Science)- Manager - Multiple Cities
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
One Manhattan, Hoboken, Secaucus, Jericho, Stamford, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles
Changes in technology is reshaping the way we work. Analytics technologiesand data science techniques allowgreater amounts of data to be analyzed in a timely manner, cloudopens upthe possibility of tapping into a much broader and advanced range of capabilities than was traditionally possible, and clients have an increasing appetite for leveraging tools and technology in decision makingacross the value chain.
The Decision Modeling & Economics Team (DME) sits within EY’sStrategyandTransactions(SaT)practice and is a provider of business analytics solutions to help support the full spectrum ofStrategyandTransactionsofferings. We work across sectors and our solutions focus on supporting strategic, operational, and financialdecision-makingusing technology andanalytics. Our team consists ofanalytics, technology, and financial modeling professionals, all of whom have a strong interest in business & finance. Our work is often innovative and rapid (delivering solutions in weeks to a few months).
Your key responsibilities
We are seeking data science professionals with experience of applying data visualization, statistical analysis, optimization, or machine learning to real worldbusinessproblems.
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop data science solutions for clients to structure, quantify and implement complex decisions such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, strategic options, investment appraisal, contract evaluation and program assessment
- Demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Experience and abilityto manage teams
- Maintaining long-term client relationships and networks and cultivating business development opportunities
- Using analytics technology tools and data science techniques to enhance the effectiveness of services provided and act as a leader in adopting new tools and techniques
To qualify for theroleyou must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business analytics, Data Science or equivalent; Masters preferred
- 5+ years of corporate/financial analytics experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in SQL
- 3+ years of corporate finance experience
- Experience of performing data science in SPSS, SAS,Azure Databricks,Python or R to solve business problems
- Experience of data visualization tools (Power BI preferred)
- Being a subject matter expert on aparticular areaof business analytics is helpful
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior executives at large companies
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to domain knowledge building
- Excellentinterpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Keen interest in being at the intersection of business, technology, and analytics.
- This position also requires up to 50-75% travel.
Ideallyyou’ll also have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset; able to see from and sell to multiple viewpoints
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for business modeling and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of ourclients'goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.