Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
About the firm and department
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 48,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate and offer brilliant career paths to our staff.
Our North West Region Corporate Tax Team services clients across a broad range of business types and sectors, and is growing. We work with companies ranging from owner-managed businesses and middle market organisations to large multinational groups, managing their tax affairs on the compliance side whilst also being trusted advisors on projects work as they make business decisions. You will work as part of a local team depending on your location (e.g. Manchester, Preston, Liverpool or Chester), feeding into the regional, national and international network of corporate tax specialists at RSM. With this in mind, and RSM's desire to achieve an inspiring and fulfilling working environment which compliments individuals' personal lives, an array of flexible and hybrid working arrangements are supported.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding tax team at an incredibly exciting part of our growth journey. As a consequence of a number of recent senior hires and client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager, who is looking for an environment where they will have opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team working with lots of fantastic clients along the way.
You will be an integral part of a high-performing tax compliance and advisory team that supports and advises a range of interesting and expanding companies who operate in a range of sectors, such as technology, manufacturing, leisure & tourism, retail, professional services and construction to name just a few.
- To manage a portfolio of clients, act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that each assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out all aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the firm’s quality standards
- To be responsible for the corporation tax compliance service for clients in the portfolio.
- Advising on payment of tax liabilities as they become due.
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns and supporting computations.
- Dealing with enquiries raised by HM Revenue & Customs.
- Be available to assist with planning and advisory work and to work closely with other departments
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications.
- Ensure added value to clients.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff.
- To review work completed by junior staff for adequacy and completeness and to provide feedback
- To assist with other tax service lines as business needs require
- To assist in student recruitment and training activities as required.
- To assist in marketing activities and events as required.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPE requirements.
- To record time spent on each client’s affairs using relevant computer software.
- If studying, achieve passes in all exams within the time parameters given.
- If studying, achieve passes in the professional exams at first attempt.
- Actively attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.;
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any partner
About the ideal candidate
- ACA, ACCA and/or CTA qualified.
- Background in an Accountancy Practice with good knowledge of corporate tax.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experience of using specialist tax software is advantageous.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.