Tax Manager - National-Indirect Tax Technology -- Open Location
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Jose, Washington Dc, San Diego, Austin, Tampa, Nashville, Detroit, Columbus, Atlanta, Kansas City, St Louis, Jericho, New York, Seattle, Indianapolis
Join our globally integrated team of dedicated indirect tax professionals and you'll have the opportunity to combine your technical knowledge and industry understanding to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for our clients. You'll help us provide effective processes, improve day-to-day reporting, reduce attribution errors and costs, and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly for our clients.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it's here you'll find everything you need to grow as we do. It's all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs. It's here that you'll have the opportunity to contribute your technical expertise and experience related to compliance, audit defense and consulting for abandoned and unclaimed property. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, career advancement and feedback.
Your key responsibilities
You'll likely spend much of your time engaging in client consultations and challenging the unclaimed property and escheat approach for optimal effectiveness. We'll look to you to develop strong relationships with our clients and team effectively with internal resources while developing and coaching junior members of the team. To make that happen, we'll look to you to implement your extensive knowledge of unclaimed property concepts and requirements. You can expect to be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Contributing to client satisfaction by providing timely and responsive services and work products
- Staying informed of current technical developments and effectively apply knowledge to client situations
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze information; prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's unclaimed property situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex unclaimed property concepts.
- Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of related work experience
- CPA certification, Member of the US Bar or professional designation from the IPT
- Technical expertise and experience related to compliance, audit defence and consulting for abandoned and unclaimed property services
- Performance and process advisory experience related to unclaimed property compliance
- Broad exposure to state and local taxation
- Excellent managerial, organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant unclaimed property consulting experience within a professional services environment
What we look for
We're interested in people who can manage multiple challenging tax engagements and contribute to the delivery of innovative tax planning ideas for our diverse clients. We'll look to you to develop strong relationships across a network of existing and future clients, focusing on providing insight and implementing operational efficiencies while demonstrating a solid understanding of their business.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.