MSFS Fund Accountant
Fund Accountant Role
This role is within a major investment bank and our division provides administration services to Hedge Fund clients. Due to major expansion in our existing hedge fund administration space and also through diversification into private equity, family office and quant funds administration, our team has grown significantly during the last two years and continues to grow. This growth and diversification in product and client profile has provided exciting opportunities to join a growing team and develop new skills.
The Fund Accountant will be responsible for the end to end process with respect to their client’s accounting requirements. This includes overseeing the full p&l and balance sheet and daily net asset value reporting. In addition to this the successful applicant will develop knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds including knowledge of the products , strategies, hedge fund accounting, fee structures (eg incentive and management fees) and investor level accounting. The team operates across global locations and the successful candidate will work with colleagues in Asia, Europe and US on a daily basis.
The position requires strong communication and accounting skills. A fund accounting background is preferable but not essential.
- Calculation of daily Net Asset Values (NAV’s) – this involves P&L analysis, review position and cash reconciliations, reporting any trading issues to our clients
- Review monthly capital movements and adhoc corp action activity
- Analyse performance and review income/expense journals for validity
- Review and finalise month end P&L and balance sheet in preparation for client sign off
- Produce investor level allocations of income and expenses at valuation points, including calculation of inventive and management fee
- Work alongside the client relationship manager to support client queries and partner with the client on initiatives
- Qualified/ Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA accountant or qualified by experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal (and across cultures)
- Execute sound judgment on escalating risk
- High degree of accuracy, ability to multi task
- able to work to tight deadlines
- interest in learning new skills and developing technical knowledge
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.