Our client is a medium sized office fit-out and construction business with a reputation for excellence. As a business they are enjoying a successful period and are well set for an exciting 2022 with some high-profile projects underway.
This organisation has a professional and upbeat open plan working culture and encourages a work life balance. On offer is a collaborative team environment with the opportunity to work from home two days per week (once induction and training is completed).
This Financial Accountant role will work in a finance function of five people and report into an energetic and talented FC that has a passion for developing her team.
As the Financial Accountant, your responsibilities will be broad and will involve exposure across the finance function. Working closely with the CFO and FC, you will be given excellent learning opportunities and your responsibilities will include (but not limited to) performing / assisting with:
- Providing information for both internal and external stakeholders to facilitate decision making
- Play a key role in completing the month end close process
- Review General Ledger accounts to ensure accuracy of information, providing clear insights into performance against budget or historical data
- Assist with preparation of year end reports for external Accountants
- Assist with the management of group cashflow and working capital
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain Fixed Assets Register
- Provide back up to AP and AR when peaks in workload arise
- Process improvement and project involvement including exciting involvement in a planned systems upgrade in 2022
To be considered for this Financial Accountant role you will meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Worked in a broad Accountant or Financial Accountant role previously that encompassed the majority of the aforementioned tasks, specifically including month end reporting
- Happy to work closely with senior finance members to take on further responsibilities and grow your skillset
- Studying toward, or have gained your professional qualification (e.g. CA / CPA / ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong attention to detail coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to be hands-on with some of the more basic tasks as well as having the ability to take on and learn the more complex responsibilities
Exposure to the office fit-out, construction or a relatable industry is desirable, however is not a pre-requisite.
If you are keen to find out more about this Financial Accountant role, please contact David Landau at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5641, quoting reference 6613 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.