Technology Consulting - BlackLine Senior Consultant
Technology Consulting – BlackLine Senior Consultant – UK
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. At EY, we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. Technology continues to play an increasingly large role both in our client work and how we operate within EY. Across our business, EY Technology professionals focus on harnessing the power of technology to unleash human potential. They seek to deliver innovative tech-based solutions and in doing so, enhance our market impact and improve service delivery
Are you fascinated by technology, automation and strategic business and technology consultancy? Do you have the consulting skills to resolve complex technology and business issues? Are you able to use your business insight and technological expertise to support a technology implementation for our clients?
Do you possess the right mindset, experience and capabilities to improve our clients business through a digital finance transformation enabled by BlackLine? Are you willing to deepen your current IT/Business skills in a high-performing environment?
Then the opportunity is now!
As a leader in the Financial Corporate Performance Management space, BlackLine provides a solution for clients to help standardise, automate, and control their financial close process. Within Technology Consulting, our EY BlackLine team is focused on working with our clients to transform their current processes and seamlessly move onto BlackLine. This could for example mean:
- Optimising the finance function through standardising the financial close processes, centralising activities, and enabling automation
- Delivering end to end BlackLine implementations through process design, tool configuration and build, testing, training, and business deployment
- Defining BlackLine system configuration to meet business requirements, align to defined policy and controls, and support existing operating model capabilities
We are looking for technology-minded, business-focused and creative senior consultants with a passion for bringing context to BlackLine implementations and ability to demonstrate how it can help transform our clients’ day to day operations. We are looking for people who have been there and done it, who want to keep close to the technology and who want to deliver solutions that have optimum impact on their clients. We are looking for people who can bring in their own business knowledge to engage at all levels with EY clients.
Your key responsibilities
In your role as a Senior Consultant you will have responsibility for designing & delivering key aspects of our projects and transformation programmes within our client base. You will be expected to:
- Support BlackLine implementations across various modules
- Bring business process knowledge and technical skillsets to client discussions
- Be a core member of the technology workstream
- Engage and collaborate with clients’ stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
- Build strong client relationships
- Work as part of a high performing team
Skills and attributes for success
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- BlackLine software solutions – technical knowledge in the BlackLine product offerings and ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions, delivering clients value
- Technical skillset – understanding of how BlackLine integrates with other source systems
- Designing and delivering BlackLine solutions as end-to-end implementations, assessments and client optimisations in one or more of the following BlackLine modules:
- Account Reconciliations
- Transaction Matching
- Tasks Management
- Intercompany Hub
- Variance Analysis
- Smart Close
- Consolidation Integrity Manager
To qualify for the role you must have
- Be able to define and evaluate end-to-end business processes and their integration with Finance
- Implementation experience in BlackLine software
- The ability to fit in and support a delivery team
- Able to support the delivery of customer workshops
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build ‘Trusted Adviser’ relationships
- Willingness to travel as required in relation to working at Client Sites on specific engagements
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Minimum of 1 full lifecycle experience in complex BlackLine delivery
- Skillset focused in BlackLine offerings across multiple modules
- An understanding in how the tool integrates with other client systems
- Experience in programme delivery, specifically focused on digital finance transformations
What working at EY Agility works offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next. You will be offered the opportunity to attain Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA. CIMA, ACA)
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.