Collateral Services Team Manager, Officer
Your new team
Collateral Management services main focus is to reduce credit risk by exchanging eligible cash or securities between counter-parties. The daily calculations are based on MTM (market-to-market) of the underlying trades and results in sending Margin Calls, which in turn lead to agreeing transfers. Based on the agreements between our clients and the counter-parties the Collateral team in Kraków ensures that all the exposures are fully collateralized and the agreed collateral transactions settle as agreed.
Who we are looking for
A team leader with an understanding of the rudimentary aspects of global financial services. Experience in collateral management is a strong advantage.
A person with strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Your new role
As Collateral Services Team Manager you will:
- Ensure that the team meets accuracy and timeliness criteria
- Carry out responsibilities fairly and impartially; create and maintain an engaged work environment
- Assist in developing and implementing new workflow approaches and methods as well as system enhancements
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyze and proactively resolve issues
- Be the key point of contact for internal/external clients
- Hold authority to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment for direct reports and broader team as needed
- Hold authority to promote, increase salary and bonus for direct reports and broader team as needed
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff
- Manage Performance Priorities and development plans
- Ensure SOPs/regulations are met and escalate as needed
- Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating model
- Identify all risk issues, breaches and suspicious transactions and acts in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures
- Implement and communicate to staff risk framework changes and/or escalation chain changes
- Perform related duties as assigned
What we value
Required experience and qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage
- 4-6 years of Asset Management / Investment Services experience
- 2 years of team leadership experience
- Advanced command of English - good communication skills required
- Command of German language is a plus
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a part of a team
- Self- motivated, flexible, personable
- Good working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Good interpersonal skills and an understanding of the rudimentary aspects of the global financial industry and also to Collateral Management would be advantageous
What we offer
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Remote work options
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.