Project Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Manage the development and execution of Client On-boarding projects through all stages of the project lifecycle using requisite project management tools and processes
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Project Manager, you will
- Management of all project resources and timeframes to ensure deliverables are met
- Manage the project team and governance
- Report back to Steering Committees and stakeholders on project health
- Facilitate the development of project plans, dashboards, test plans / strategies etc.
- Communicate effectively with all people both on the project team and across the organisation
- Ensure identification, resolution or escalation of any project issues
- Ensure solutions are implemented
- Establish & build relationships with Clients (internal and external)
- Support State Street’s Revenue generation initiatives by assisting the business to develop new clients and expand services to existing clients
- Assist Marketing area with any technical RFP requests
- Support State Street’s Profitability/Cost reduction targets, by assisting operational areas to implement improved processes and technology – e.g. Implementing Beacon tools in new client on-boarding
- Support State Street’s Risk Management goals
- Ensure Project Plans identify and address all known Risk Areas
- Focus on best practice "Change Management" techniques
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all levels
- Ability to present ideas effectively on an individual and larger audience level
- Ordered, disciplined approach to projects
- Good time management
- Strong client orientation
- Strong negotiation and people skills
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in a team
- Strong facilitator/co-ordinator
- Results Orientated
- Well organised
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to adapt to changing requirements/work environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications or > 5 years equivalent experience
- 3 years financial services experience/strong market knowledge
- 2 years people management experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting (and related services) and custody concepts
- Extensive Knowledge of State Street’s services and operations both domestically and globally
- Presentations skills
- Project management skills
- Internal consulting skills
- Working knowledge of all State Street proprietary systems
- Good MS Power Point, Word, Excel skills
- Knowledge of MS Project and Visio
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.