Finance Project Manager
NEXT has an exciting fixed term opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to join the Finance team.
Let’s talk numbers. When it comes to UK retail, it’s hard to find a bigger name. We sell thousands of items an hour and are expanding our Online business by the second. For anyone in Finance, this is the place to learn. To grow.
Specifically you can join our Finance Operations department. We’re the ones who keep the business going, and the cash flowing. Taking pride in our strong financial processes as we manage over £4bn of sales and payments a year, across 500+ retail stores and circa 8 million active Online customers. But that’s just the day to day. With so much growth going on, we get stuck into projects and supporting new business initiatives. Helping to expand overseas and bring in even more third-party brands. This is one for those who aren’t afraid of big digits, who have an eye for anomalies, and who want to use their skills to succeed through rapid change, challenge and scale.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Project Manager to join us for 6 months to lead on a number of Accounts Payable projects. If you have excellent management and interpersonal skills and are someone who thrives in a fast paced, challenging and demanding environment then we’d love you to meet you.
About the Role:
You’ll be responsible for overseeing, coordinating, scoping, testing and delivering end to end internal and external operational Accounts Payable and Supplier Compliance projects and initiatives ensuring integrity of reporting and reconciliation, transactional management, accounting and controls.
You’ll provide expert advice in these areas and will have a key focus on efficiency, systems and process improvements and associated controls.
As a proven leader and project manager within a Finance environment you will be highly skilled in communicating with internal and external stakeholders and will act as a key interface to the wider business at all levels.
You’ll ensure that strict planning and organisation is in place to meet required delivery dates, supported by relevant documentation, KPI’s and metrics to achieve high standards of service and monitor post project implementation results and benefits.
- A qualified accountant with a project management background or alternatively you will have significant experience in a finance operational delivery environment.
- An individual with a strong understanding of, and experience of, delivering and improving operational processes, financial controls and best practices.
- An excellent project manager with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a large company on a cross functional basis and who has liaised with both technical and non-technical teams.
- A confident team member who is comfortable operating in a fast paced and challenging environment. Experience in a retail environment would also be very beneficial.
- A proven track record of delivering results together with an ability to plan, prioritise and juggle multiple and concurrent work streams and projects whilst working to strict deadlines.
- A change manager, who will champion and deliver continuous improvement and efficiency, manage projects and support business growth.
- An ability to adopt a logical thought process, critically assess and resolve complex business issues or problems and a leader who demonstrates initiative and is confident in making decisions.
- An effective communicator who builds strong business relationships internally and externally, effectively manages stakeholders, is confident in leading discussions and able to influence at all levels.
- Demonstrable presentation skills both written and verbal and ability to define and deliver reporting and metrics.
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.