Valuation Oversight & Reporting Process Manager, Vice President
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
As an Valuation Oversight & Reporting Process Manager you will
- Oversee valuation of investments held in various client portfolios through review and completion of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly procedures & controls to monitor prices utilized
- Develop, maintain and improve upon valuation oversight procedures
- Monitor and follow up with vendors on pricing issues, facilitate due diligence calls and draft related documentation
- Prepare, review and present valuation materials to client valuation committees
- Compile other portfolio investment data and analyses in support of clients’ monthly/quarterly reporting deliverables and investment accounting processes
- Work closely with investment management personnel on client deliverables
- Interact with client stakeholders, auditors, third party vendors and other State Street groups, including client accounting and servicing, pricing and valuation groups
- Maintain a highly controlled environment and deliver on service level commitments
- Assist with other investment and valuation ad-hoc projects, as requested
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Solid understanding of various security types (i.e. equity, fixed income, futures, private placements, LP investments) and familiarity with how they are priced and accounted for by different companies
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; results driven with ability to creatively problem solve
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); Skilled in the use of Bloomberg
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Has flexibility and commitment to drive client deliverables to completion while leveraging the benefits of a broader valuation team
- Proficiency to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or relevant field
- 7-10 years related experience, preferably with direct experience in valuation/pricing operations and/or oversight
- 3+ years experience managing staff or overseeing work of offshore resources
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.