Senior Accounting Consultant / Team Manager
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Allstate operate a very flexible hybrid working policy that will allow you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager with a blend of remote and office working for NI based employees as well as condensed working patterns (4 day week/9 day fortnight). Employees based in GB will be employed on a permanent remote working contract.
Join our team and you’ll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Belfast / Strabane / Derry – Londonderry
Your role in the team
As a Senior Accounting Consultant, the successful candidates will be part of a team working closely with the Allstate Finance and Accountancy functions in the USA. These areas support the Allstate Corporation in a wide range of activities from financial reporting, analysis and consulting to corporate and operational accounting.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Uses advanced accounting principles and understand the concepts, rules and terminology to the science of accounting.
- Review and evaluate complex issues and analyze Accounting/Financial/technical information.
- Identify, develop and applies ideas and approaches to complex issues, solving problems and accomplishing goals.
- Acts as site-manager for assigned staff members
- Routinely interacts with members of the Service Businesses staff members and state pools to gain an understanding of programs and business initiatives.
- Support interim and annual audits.
- Prepares annual state filings.
- Canadian sales and income tax filings.
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Assist entry level accountants as needed.
- Provides SOX support to Governance team.
- Support Residual Markets supervisor as needed and as time permits.
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting/Financial/technical processes.
- Plans, implements and manages small-medium scale projects.
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- All candidates must evidence an existing right to work in the UK
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years’ relevant accounting experience with a strong understanding of accounting principles and the concepts, rules, and terminology common to financial accounting
- Advanced knowledge and the ability to use the concepts, techniques, and issues involved in planning projects and processes.
- Applicants must be willing and eligible to travel to the USA.
We also have some desirable criteria
- Having a logical and analytical approach.
- Good problem-solving skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate well, build relationships and work as part of a team.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and the ability to analyze, manipulate, and interpret large amounts of data.
What we offer
As Digital DNA’s Workplace of the Year 2020 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you’ll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.