Expense Accounting Consultant
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Allstate operate a very flexible hybrid working policy that will allow you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager with a blend of remote and office working for NI based employees as well as condensed working patterns (4 day week/9 day fortnight). Employees based in GB will be employed on a permanent remote working contract.
Join our team and you’ll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Your role in the team
We are currently seeking an Accounting Consultant within our Expense Accounting team to support our growing financial footprint.
In Corporate Accounting we're a collection of unique individuals who come together as one team to provide financial reporting, accounting, planning and analysis, develop and implement comprehensive solutions and share learnings. We are ambitious, analytical and continuously improve our ways of working, leaving things better than how we find them. We thrive in a supportive working culture where we recognise each other for the work we do, we win together.
We are critical to the control environment. We are agile, using innovative solutions we deliver value to our customers. We challenge ideas to leverage collective expertise and create the best path forward.
We love what we do, we develop each other and we have a lot of fun!
If you’d like to join us, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Preparation and posting of monthly close entries, including accruals and deferable acquisition cost assets.
- Adhere to checklist of monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close related deliverables
- Preparation of schedules and exhibits used for GAAP and Statutory reporting and analysis
- Completes weekly balancing processes to assure financial data is complete and accurate
- Preparation of account reconciliations and analysis as assigned
- Complete requests for external auditor during interim testing and year end inquiries
- Participate in and initiate process improvement projects
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- All candidates must evidence an existing right to work in the UK
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified;
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar Finance/Accountancy role;
- Degree educated
- Detailed oriented approach to work with ability to multitask while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate well, build relationships and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Possesses an inquisitive nature and demonstrates the ability to problem solve; not afraid to dig into the details and ask questions; ability to respond to ad hoc requests related to assigned tasks
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel formula experience (pivot tables, v-lookups etc.)
- Applicants must be willing and eligible to travel to the USA
We also have some desirable criteria
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and the concepts, rules and terminology common to financial accounting
What we offer
As Digital DNA’s Workplace of the Year 2020 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you’ll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.