Japan Special Situations
Japan Special Situations Role
Division: Fixed Income Division
Job Title: Japan Special Situations role
Job Level: Associate/Senior Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The position is based in Mumbai and will support Morgan Stanley’s Japan Special Sits Group. The role will require to cover a number of administrative and operational tasks to ensure the smooth running of the business. As the candidate develop, he/she shall involve in financial analysis and modelling, setting up/maintaining industry databases, data collation and analysis, writing reports and participating in the investment recommendation/decision making process.
What we expect of you -
We will be looking for talented individuals who can combine an outgoing nature, strong communication, written, problem solving and analytical skills with numeracy, attention to detail and a questioning outlook. Candidates need to be able to work well people of varying backgrounds, and be able to both collaborate with, and contribute to the team as well as listen. Candidates will need to be proactive people who can think on their feet, who will work diligently and stay focused on completing the task and who are resourceful and enthusiastic.
Skills required (essential)
Knowledge/Skill set required:
We are looking for a confident and outgoing person, who has exceptional attention to detail and is proactive in taking initiative. Successful candidates will have a proven work experience analyzing data.
- Japanese language is most preferred
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Precise and accurate writing ability
- Excellent skills in relation to data assessment and interpretation
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal (principally telephone)
- Initiative/Ability to be pro-active
- Problem solving/Solution oriented
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Flexible approach to workload and demands of role
- University graduate with 0-3 years of Financial / Industry experience, including previous exposure to credit markets / analysis
- Strong academic record, quantitative skills and an interest in and understanding of financial markets
- Any progress towards CFA (AIMR, USA) would be preferred
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.