Technical Project Manager, Vice President
Who we are looking for
The focus of this role is to support the development of Enlighten’s proprietary software and methodologies to drive performance improvement in key metrics, such as efficiency, productivity, quality and internal employee engagement. This role contributes to State Street’s mission of becoming a high performing organization by driving the strategic direction and roadmap of Enlighten to ensure it meets our needs.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Technical Project Manager, you will
- Gather business requirements for manual activities and drive automation
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals
- Create the product roadmap and drive to execution
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments
- Draft key objectives and results, strategies and apply the data for the product to make business decisions
- Assess value, develops cases, and prioritizes stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Identifies and helps stakeholders understand the business model, value and value proposition
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product
- Work closely with product management, senior management, and vendor partner in order to create a product that fits the company portfolio
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Increase an understanding of Agile practices, Lean Startup, new technologies opportunities and other new trends
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Superior presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to direct, influence and coach leaders to achieve program outcomes.
- A patient, customer-centric and proactive mindset.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with leaders at all levels in the business.
- Ability to manage and support other project staff in an effective and constructive manner.
- Time management skills with experience in working to tight project deadlines.
- Ability to understand user requirements and desired business outcomes.
- Ability to utilize quantitative and qualitative data to interpret reports.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Applications – specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently and within a team.
- Confidence to present to, and hold discussions with, managers at all levels, including senior management.
- Passion for identifying waste and putting process improvement opportunities into action.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, IT or management disciplines); MBA preferred
- Four years of experience in an operational environment within a banking/insurance/financial services organization as a Business Analyst
- Exposure to Enlighten or other similar performance management, measurement or workforce planning system preferred
- Experience in supporting teams in environments characterized by volume volatility, strict deadlines, ongoing training and cultural change
- Optional: Six Sigma Certified to Green Belt or higher
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.